Another Brinkmann Lengend 2C Mod - 3000+ Lux

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
A few weeks ago, I posted this mod using a 30mm lens .

This is basically the same flashligh mod, only this this time using the stock reflector instead of the 30mm lens.

maxi.jpg

Plenty of side spill, and fully focusable.

I didn't have much hope for alkaline cell performance, as they have worse internal resistance than D or AA cells. However, they surprisingly delivered almost 2 full hours of great bright light. And, after a 12 hour rest, they came back to deliver another 60 minutes of run time.

maxi2cb.jpg

This was built with the intention of using NiMh C cells, but I've not gotten the ones I ordered yet, so I had to use some very old RS NiCd cells. They didn't do too bad, racking up well over two hours of much more constant bright light.

Since this is being driven around 750+ma, a large heatsink is in order.

maxi3.jpg

This heatsink has enough mass and surface area to keep the Luxeon nice and cool, even when running double duty plus.

And here's a shot of this reflector mod with the 30mm lens mod.

maxihd.jpg

Notice the total lack of useable side spill from the 30mm lens mod. Not much use for walking trails or use up close, but really throws the light out there in the distance.

All in all the performance from the stock reflector was a bit of a surprise. It focuses a very tight, bright, and smooth spot without any noticeable artifacts when used at a distance of a few feet or more. Very bright flashlight for its size, and does a good job of focusing from spot to flood.

Another mod I'd recommend you try....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif I guess I better order up a couple of the C cell Brinks next time.

jtice

Flashaholic
Really nice,, I especially like the compairison pic, showing the difference in spill light.

Can they optics be swapped easilty, that would be a nice combo, light for 2 purposes.

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
jtice, the optic and reflector require the Luxeon at different positions for best focus, so not interchangeable.

BuddTX, thanks. Yes there's a little bit of work in that heatsink. And there's quite a bit of trimming done to the switch assembly to allow it to fit in there also....