Solarforce SF18 Charger

Trancersteve

Newly Enlightened
I just purchased a Solarforce SF18 Version 2 charger along with a new light in a drunken purchase last night.:drunk:
The thing is I can't find too much out about this charger, is it any good?

Thanks!

qwertyydude

Flashlight Enthusiast
From the looks and specs of what I could find, I'd say it's just a rebranded generic Chinese charger. Probably not terrible but more than likely no true cutoff. I have one similar from DX, the HXY model, which is similar but doesn't have 12v capability. I just make sure to remove the battery when the light turns green.

Trancersteve

Newly Enlightened
Thanks qwertyydude

I will keep a close eye on it when charging.

Strange that there isn't much info about this charger on these forums, which reads to me that it isn't a particularly good sign!

qwertyydude

Flashlight Enthusiast
It could also be interpreted that no one has a bad opinion of the charger as well. It's similar to consumer rating sites where many people are satisfied but it's not outstanding enough to warrant gushing praise but the moment someone has a bad experience they post all over that so and so is junk, everything they make is junk, they'll never buy from them again, and wish great evil to the makers and the children of the makers of so and so. I'll wager you'll be satisfied and won't suffer any catastrophies but you'll probably not even feel the need to post that it's good. My DX HXY charger is good, not perfect but it doesn't overcharge the batteries, 4.18v after the light turns green. Good enough for me, and I make sure not to leave it trickling in the charger.

Last edited:

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or that no one has bothered buying one ... [ or they wont own up to it ]

As near as I can tell , there are some 3 different Solarforce chargers ..
All are re branded generics , which sell for as little as $5 ...

Please let us know how it goes ...