Inova X1

MK9

Newly Enlightened
After buying a sucky Inova X1 (poor output, flickering light, flashing (fast strobe, slow stobe...you know, unwanted disco modes) I emailed Inova for warranty procedures.
After a rough start, the very nice person issues an RMA#.
Within 2 weeks I received a brand new Inova X1. Nice tight hotspot beam
with a very nice, usable spill, similarly to my Quark AA2 on the 22 lumen setting.
After thinking about why the first was so bad. I came to the conclusion that the Ebay seller was selling junk. I lost $10 trying to save $5.
Inova seems to be a quality brand and I will buy from them again

choombak

Enlightened
The bay is a dangerous place, with lot of junk floating around. I typically stay away from it. Glad to know that it finally worked for you. Enjoy the light.

distrbd

Newly Enlightened
The bay is a dangerous place, with lot of junk floating around. I typically stay away from it. Glad to know that it finally worked for you. Enjoy the light.
I have bought 7 flashlights from different Ebay sellers and up to now all of them are great,no problems what so ever,of course this does not mean that what you are saying it's not true , there are a lot of junk floating around on Ebay but when you look at their track record you could get a feel of whether a seller is genuine or not,good example is shining beam,queen in china ,outfitter country and few more.

I think we should start a thread and give our recommendations on good honest ebay sellers who are only there to sell decent genuine products,what is wrong with knowing who to trust when shopping at ebay?

MK9

Newly Enlightened
I think we should start a thread and give our recommendations on good honest ebay sellers who are only there to sell decent genuine products,what is wrong with knowing who to trust when shopping at ebay?[/QUOTE]

That's great idea!! Out of over 30 transactions I've only come across 2 sellers that sold garbage. One purchase ( a positive experience) was my iTP A3. Which my wife liberated from my tyrannical grip and has it safely on her keychain.

qwertyydude

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as I know X1 does not have strobe or multimode. You sure you got a real one?

silver_bacon

Newly Enlightened
After buying a sucky Inova X1 (poor output, flickering light, flashing (fast strobe, slow stobe...you know, unwanted disco modes) I emailed Inova for warranty procedures.
After a rough start, the very nice person issues an RMA#.
Within 2 weeks I received a brand new Inova X1. Nice tight hotspot beam
with a very nice, usable spill, similarly to my Quark AA2 on the 22 lumen setting.
After thinking about why the first was so bad. I came to the conclusion that the Ebay seller was selling junk. I lost $10 trying to save $5.
Inova seems to be a quality brand and I will buy from them again

Most likely you received an old version 3 Inova X1 from the Ebay seller. They were plagued with problems, including all the problems you described. Tapping the head of the light would cause it to do different things, none of which were supposed to happen. I had two V3 Inova X1's, both suffered from the problem.

I have not heard of any similar problems with V4. My first one had the threads wear out in the first day, but the replacement has been trouble free so far.

It seems the Inova X1's have always been known for having a problem of some sort. The version 4 is the first one I have had that ran properly, with the exception of the threads failing, which was not a circuit problem. Inova is no longer made in the USA, so I can not comment on what they are like since. I would assume there is not much of a difference, but I will never know as I will not be buying one.

Last edited:

Tomcatt

Newly Enlightened
I've never had an X1 but my X5 has been 100% problem free. I use it at work everyday.
Tomcatt