Is the Akoray K-106 Cree Q5-WC any good?

Gryphen

Newly Enlightened
It's a good light thats a lot brighter than a incan mini mag especially when you use a li ion cell. I've never seen a led MM so I don't know about that. Another thing to consider is that mine died but I sill think its a good flashlight.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the 3-mode version for 2 years now. I use it everyday at work. It's a great light for the money. The head to tail even roundness and the deep wire clip is my favorite design. I wish more companies would understand that when a light is clipped inside a shirt pocket or tight spaces, this kind of design works better.

JDest

Newly Enlightened
I carry the K-109 (CR123) model every day and would feel pretty naked without. The K-106 and K-109 are VERY highly regarded as budget lights and represent some of the best bang-for-buck values you'll find. You won't find a light for less that offers more, but you'll find plenty for more that offer less.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm coming from a Mini Maglite LED. How much brighter is this light than the MM?

I have both and the K-106 is much brighter. :cool:

I also suggest that if you choose this light you get yourself the programmable type as advised by Gryphen. :)

JDest

Newly Enlightened
^What he said. I forgot to mention getting the programmable version is a really good idea. Use the Programmable Lights sticky for assistance in programming your light if you do decide to get it.