White Package from 4Sevens arrived!

Hevy Lite

Newly Enlightened
A few days ago I received my first "Modern" flashlights from 4Sevens. A Neutral White Regular 123^2 for myself and a Neutral White AA Mini for my wife.

For my use the regular operation has been great including starting on moonlight. The "Dreaded" pre-flash on moonlight is there, but on my light it appears to be at about the low mode lumen value and lasts for microseconds. It has been no problem for me even light adapted in a very dark room. Clicking through all of the modes has been no hassle at all. You can go as fast as you want, the push is very light and I don't see what all of the fuss is about. Some of us here must be much more fussy than I am.

The AA Mini is a perfect keychain light for my wife's purse. The twisty action and simple interface are good for her. It is quite bright on high and has a useable low for that "Where is it in the bottom of the purse" search.

Finish is good with no visible flaws and the spread of light levels is very nice. Beam quality is great for an EDC light with a larger hotspot smooth transition to the corona and bright spill. Definitely not a big time thrower which is perfect in my opinion for an EDC.

Beam tint (Neutral White) is very nice and quite similar to daylight filtered by my house windows. It is not purple or blue like my free Harbor Freight lights or yellow like my antique E2 Surefire incan.

I do not like the time necessary to wait for the light to "Forget" the last setting. It is not a full 3 seconds as indicated in the manual, but it is about 1-2 seconds. Sometimes this memory is too long when I brain cramp and go past the level I want, then switch back on and find I am still at the wrong higher level. Off is off and an immediate return to the base level would be great. This is a very small complaint.

I can recommend these lights for EDC carry and casual use. Also, presales service was great (See Cheers section re 4Sevens and Alphonso). I screwed up the order and they fixed it before it left. Can't ask for anything more.

Last edited: