New way to clean a flashlight

tau-neutrino

Newly Enlightened
This morning I was hunting around for my favorite jeans, when I realized they were hanging up for drying after being washed. It just so happens that I left my NDI in them.

:oops:

Well, it still works and is super clean on the outside. I guess I found a new way to remove the pocket lint from it :devil:, although maybe I'll stick to the old fashioned way. I have a feeling that might void the warranty (which I've already had to use once due to a flicker problem).

Ksailork

Newly Enlightened
I cannot begin to list the items that I have tested in the clothes washer - albeit unintentional. Most times, however, I seldom notice how much cleaner the item may or may not be. I am either elated that it passed the test or angry at myself for not emptying my pockets. Glad your NDI survived.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those Chinese flashlights that use the cheap circuit board contacts always get that flicker over time. Or other problems. Hopefully it won't return for you for awhile. I've ran a couple of rechargeable batteries through the washing machine and dryer once to no ill effects. They were in a plastic baggy and in a pocket though.

entoptics

Enlightened
Clothing soap is not ideal.

I usually clean my lights (and the grip on my glock) under a hot water stream from my sink using dish soap and a finger brush.

I turn the lights on before washing. I don't turn on the glock of course.

tau-neutrino

Newly Enlightened
Those Chinese flashlights that use the cheap circuit board contacts always get that flicker over time. Or other problems. Hopefully it won't return for you for awhile. I've ran a couple of rechargeable batteries through the washing machine and dryer once to no ill effects. They were in a plastic baggy and in a pocket though.

Interesting. I thought nitecore was a solid reputable brand? What would you suggest as an alternative?

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting. I thought nitecore was a solid reputable brand? What would you suggest as an alternative?

Nitecores are overpriced junk prone to high levels of failure.

Of 4 Nitecores I've owned, three have had issues and two of those just plain died for no reason. One came back from Nitecore after being repaired and stopped working after just two days so I tossed it.

I'll never buy another Nitecore.