Ledlenser goes regulated

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not a bad looking light takes an 18650 thats rechargeable by a magnetic coupling as in you dont even have to take the battery out :thumbsup:
Its in german but you get the idea of the M7R also theres a good interaction webpage for the light here and spec's here
I've seen it for about $160 here

SFfanman

Enlightened
Very cool Light! The auto adjust focus is on the cutting edge, is it not? The suprising thing is on defocused flood there are little or no artifacts in the smooth beam. Really liking the charging feature as well. German quality is no joke and that fact is widely known. NOw for some runtime chart searching. Interested in what other think as well. Thanks for the update:thumbsup:

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
German or not, ledlenser has never been known as a quality light - especially for the price. Their "flood to throw" is not at all new and really gets no respect here. Maybe it is because of the cheap plastic lens or maybe it is because they leak water. I'm sure somebody else can elaborate on all their pitfalls. I would pass on it based on the umimpressive model I have.

Belstaff1464

Enlightened
Looks to have Hi/Lo/Strobe1/SOS/Strobe2 modes in a cyclic menu. If a light is going to have strobe and SOS functions, I'd prefer them to be hidden. It also seems to be very long for a 1 x 18650 light and the "flood" is still too narrow. The plus is the claimed 250m throw but I'd rather a Malkoff drop in a suitable host for that price. If I need flood, I'll use a diffuser - it would work better in most applications. I really can't see where the focussing system would suit my lighting needs.

nick-nack

Newly Enlightened
Looks to have Hi/Lo/Strobe1/SOS/Strobe2 modes in a cyclic menu. If a light is going to have strobe and SOS functions, I'd prefer them to be hidden. It also seems to be very long for a 1 x 18650 light and the "flood" is still too narrow. The plus is the claimed 250m throw but I'd rather a Malkoff drop in a suitable host for that price. If I need flood, I'll use a diffuser - it would work better in most applications. I really can't see where the focussing system would suit my lighting needs.

Couldn't agree more. If its going to have two strobes and SOS I would prefer at least 2 of these settings to be hidden.

jtblue

Newly Enlightened
The Led Lenser MT7 is regulated and can run on NiMH batteries (as specified in the instruction manual) but I'd still prefer a Malkoff for the price they're asking for.... just saying :whistle:

But kudos to them for improving their designs :thumbsup:

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
but you gotta admit that for the money you get a "whole light",pouch,battery and charger with stand BTW light can focus Malkoff cant - and I dont think I need one anyway - I was just pointing it out as an allterative for the average guy that wants a no fuss turn key package that doesn't need to buy 4 or 5 different pieces to have the same.

HKJ

Flashaholic
I have been looking at a Led Lenser light and some features was not exactly what I want in a advanced light:

• The zoom function has lots of rings in the beam.
  • The light can not maintain full brightness for more than a few minutes.
  • The brightness adjustment range is only about 1:10, for a light with all these functions, it is a small adjustment range.

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Their "flood to throw" is not at all new and really gets no respect here. Maybe it is because of the cheap plastic lens or maybe it is because they leak water.

Well, the "cheap plastic lens" uses the same TIR technology as some lights by surefire or inova. If there is one thing really good on the led-lensers then it is their lens...

Duglum

Newly Enlightened
Just to clarify: Zweibrueder is a German company, but the Lights are produced in China! The only thing that (maybe) is German about these Lights is the design. (And the price :nana:).

SFfanman

Enlightened
Well, the "cheap plastic lens" uses the same TIR technology as some lights by surefire or inova. If there is one thing really good on the led-lensers then it is their lens...

+1

Just to clarify: Zweibrueder is a German company, but the Lights are produced in China! The only thing that (maybe) is German about these Lights is the design. (And the price :nana:).

:devil: Your bad. lol Then again, you live in Germany so would know better than the rest. :welcome: