How Do You EDC Your HDS RA Clicky?

Gaffle

Enlightened
I want a Ra Clicky really badly. Custom, 170, titanium bezel, sapphire lens, raised button, and Executive operation. AAAAWWWWW YEAH!

I am curious how everyone is actually EDCing these lights. I have never been a pocket clip kind of guy. I am into lanyards. This light obviously does not have a hole to use a lanyard with a clip. My super awesome GreenLED lanyard won't work. Bummer.

JB2.jpg

I may have to rethink my EDC methods, bring what you got.

EDIT : I forgot to ask about the clip screws. Do the screws have to be tightened into the body if the clip is taken off? Do the screws actually go through the body into the tube interior? If the screws are left out would water get into the light if it was submerged?

Last edited:

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
HDS Clicky + Moddoo clip (stainless to match the bezel) clipped to the very left edge of my front left pocket. Doesn't poke, pinch or weigh too much - most days I don't notice it's there.

fortean101

Newly Enlightened
I have a ra High cri in a custom holster clipped to my belt, made by a fellow cpf member in a special offer:thumbsup:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not into clips neither, I simply stick teh lights in my pocket, often it is a Clicky...

I'm aware of the fact that I don't carry a light all the time this way, but I just can't get used neither to a holster nor to clip them to a belt. The only secure place is in my pocket or around my neck with a long enough lanyard, but then it's not for EDC.

As for teh holes, you can leave them empty, they don't go through the body of course, but they are plain ugly. I got screwed by AWTYD, which means he sent me set screws to fill the holes, looks nicer. He's got a thread for these somewhere on CPFMP. :wave:

Gaffle

Enlightened
As for teh holes, you can leave them empty, they don't go through the body of course, but they are plain ugly. I got screwed by AWTYD, which means he sent me set screws to fill the holes, looks nicer. He's got a thread for these somewhere on CPFMP. :wave:

Good to hear. If I don't use the clip I for sure would want something more flush.

iacchus

Enlightened
I wear mine clipped to my left pocket, with a lanyard looped through my beltloop for that little bit of extra security.

The bezel down clips have a great spot for a lanyard, and if you really do not want a clip, lighthound sells a lanyard attachment point that you can put in the same spot as you would a clip.

I have to have a lanyard on any light I use for dog walking. I have a husky, and he is prone to pull me over and drag me through the swamp at the drop of a hat.
I have dropped lighters, phones, lights, etc etc . Now the lights get a lanyard!

Knife Boy

Newly Enlightened
Lighthound used to make a round ring with a lanyard attachment that would fit on the Novatac brand of flashlights under the tailcap (where the Novatac clip would normally reside). I know we are talking about HDS here, but I am wondering if this ring might fit the HDS lights as well since they are similar in design and shape. You might check with John at Lighthound. I am sure he could tell you for sure....the folks there are always very helpful. This is an inexpensive accessory that might be just the trick to allow you to use your lanyard system.

Gaffle

Enlightened
NICE!! I found the lanyard ring on Lighthound. Says it will fit the HDS EDC lights, dunno if that includes the Ra. Stainless steel makes me happy. That McGizmo clip on my lanyard just ate through the aluminium on my C-LE.

bmcgators98

Enlightened
NICE!! I found the lanyard ring on Lighthound. Says it will fit the HDS EDC lights, dunno if that includes the Ra. Stainless steel makes me happy. That McGizmo clip on my lanyard just ate through the aluminium on my C-LE.

I purchased the lanyard ring from Lighthound and it does fit the Ra Clicky, just make sure that you remove the outer o-ring.

BIGLOU

Enlightened
Gaffle you do not have to put the screws back in if you do not use the clip. Leaving the screws out will not affect water from going in the screw threads do not go through the body into the tube interior. If you take the clip off you can put the screws on and they do screw all the way (tap out). Do know if you have seen CPF member Arewethereyetdad's free screw thread who offers screws (flush fitting allen screw) that cover the holes basically to keep lint and crap out. EDIT: Henk Lu already advised. I was unable to screw one of Dads screws all the way (kept binding) so I just put the stock Ra screws back on. If you like lanyards there is a lanyard ring with a hole that I have seen around. EDIT: Was also already advised.

Here is my Ra EDC with Moddoo's SS Black Oxide Clip and the stock Ra screws on for a bezel up carry.
DSC03007.jpg

Here it is with a Novatac New Style Clip I got from Lighthound. Sandwiching the clip between the body and bezel leaves a gap between the lens and bezel so I threw one on my extra o-rings that came with one of my Jetbeams to keep crap out.
DSC03081.jpg

If you not like clips and prefer a holster here is my Ra in a Cordura Holster offered by CPFer Dealer AW who could be found on CPFMP. This can also be thrown on a Sam Browne nylon rig in case you are PD
DSC03084.jpg

Last edited:

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a custom leather holster with my High CRI Ra Clicky.

It rides comfortably on my belt.

If I'm not wearing a belt, then I carry another light.

--flatline

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
If you're a lanyard fan you can do what I was doing last year and attach a lanyard using a constrictor knot. It's both secure and looks nice too.

chanjyj

Enlightened
Either
1. Bezel Up, clipped to jeans pocket (light sits on the inside)
2. Blackhawk CQC COMPACT LIGHT CARRIER on belt (Surefire G2 used to sit there)
3. Hung from neck on 550 paracord tied in a constrictor knot in an emergency (latest!)
or
4. Bezel Down, clipped to jeans pocket (inside). Haven't tried this yet, waiting for my 2nd CR123 tube+stock clip to come through.

Last edited:

Gaffle

Enlightened
If you're a lanyard fan you can do what I was doing last year and attach a lanyard using a constrictor knot. It's both secure and looks nice too.

Do you have a photo of this somewhere on this forum? If so I saw it. Does the lanyard with the constrictor knot move around the light? Can it come loose?

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
BigLou, i really like that red o-ring in the bezel, makes it look a little evil, where did you get it?

and i have a lanyard tied around the narrow part of my HDS clickity, and its never even tried to come off, i use a greenled lanyard or a piece of paracord. works like a charm

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always carry my HDS EDC (Ra Clicky) in my front left pocket, bezel down with a new style NovaTac clip ($5 on Lighthound :D).

I love my Clicky.

palimpsest

Newly Enlightened
I'm pretty sure to have seen a picture of a Ra clicky with a lanyard ring in place of the bezel down pocket clip.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Do you have a photo of this somewhere on this forum? If so I saw it. Does the lanyard with the constrictor knot move around the light? Can it come loose?
This is the only picture I can find of it and unfortunately it is neither good looking, nor does it show the side with the knot. Just do a search on constrictor knot and you'll find how to do it. The knot will move around, as you can see in the picture it's not all that tight, until you pull on it - hence, constrictor. Maybe some other members have better pics of how they've done this. Mossyoak?

P1060402.jpg

BigLou, i really like that red o-ring in the bezel, makes it look a little evil, where did you get it?

and i have a lanyard tied around the narrow part of my HDS clickity, and its never even tried to come off, i use a greenled lanyard or a piece of paracord. works like a charm