• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Need green laser fixed

greenLED

Flashaholic
I have an AtlasNova 5mw green laser pointer that quit working.

I need somebody to please fix it for me.

I know I could just buy a new one, but the pointer is engraved and has sentimental value.

Any takers on fixing the laser, please let me know via PM or post here:

:thanks:

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you tell me what the problem is? What are the symptoms? I've fixed a few greenies, most of the time it's something really simple.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Migs, I'm still retired but if you don't find anyone, shoot me a PM. I'm always up for help ya out bud.

alfiechip

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

You might want to post a quick inquiry on www.laserpointerforums.com. There are allot of hardcore laser heads on there & you'll surely get an answer in regards to repairing your 532nm green laser.

Alfie Chip

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I have an AtlasNova 5mw green laser pointer that quit working.

I need somebody to please fix it for me.

I know I could just buy a new one, but the pointer is engraved and has sentimental value.

Any takers on fixing the laser, please let me know via PM or post here:

:thanks:

You can point it at a wall and aim a video camera at the wall to see if the IR pump diode is working. Most video cameras have sensitivity in the near IR range. If you do see a spot on the wall in your camera's viewfinder, this verifies that the button, driver circuit and diode are working, leaving a problem with the crystal assembly.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
no one here would really know how to fix it for you. if it quit working, there are many parts in the device that could go wrong -- the crystals went out of alignment, the driver died, etc -- did you try contact atlasnova themselves to see if they would repair/replace the internals?

Last edited:

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
no one here would really know how to fix it for you. if it quit working, there are many parts in the device that could go wrong -- the crystals went out of alignment, the driver died, etc -- did you try contact atlasnova themselves to see if they would repair/replace the internals?

Four out of the six greenies that I've fixed were messed up switches. All that needed doing was removing and rotating the laser module in most of those cases. Nothing was broken. So, if we hear from OP what's wrong, chances are he can fix it himself.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Thank you all for the quick answers, and apologies for not replying sooner.

Yes, I contacted AtlasNova but never got a reply.

csshih, you'd be surprised at the stuff CPFers can bring back from the dead. Fixing a laser is peanuts for some of the amazing modders and builders we have here.

Wyager, I *think* it's the switch... I press it and the laser doesn't turn on. I've tried with new batteries, so I know it's not a lack-of-power thing. Given AtlasNova's silence, how would I go about testing the switch?

:thanks:, especially to Wyager and Will.

Last edited:

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Four out of the six greenies that I've fixed were messed up switches. All that needed doing was removing and rotating the laser module in most of those cases. Nothing was broken. So, if we hear from OP what's wrong, chances are he can fix it himself.

ahh wait. my mistake. The greenies I've broken were cheaper ones - so the crystals would go out of alignment. :(

read my original post and it sounded a bit rude, sorry.
good luck greenLED:wave:

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
ahh wait. my mistake. The greenies I've broken were cheaper ones - so the crystals would go out of alignment. :(

read my original post and it sounded a bit rude, sorry.
good luck greenLED:wave:

Lol, no problem, the crystals can indeed go out of alignment, I just didn't think it would happen with a nice laser (as you said, cheaper lasers might do this more).

@greenLED, when you push the button do you hear and feel the normal "click" or not? If you don't feel the click you usually do chances are the laser module managed to rotate inside the host.

greenLED

Flashaholic
@greenLED, when you push the button do you hear and feel the normal "click" or not? If you don't feel the click you usually do chances are the laser module managed to rotate inside the host.
wyager, yes, it does click normally. How bad of a signal is that?

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
wyager, yes, it does click normally. How bad of a signal is that?

Then the problem is probably not the switch...

Don't worry, that's really not much of a problem, the easiest option is just to get the module replaced, which really won't cost all that much in all likelihood... The only visible difference will be a change in brightness. I suppose you could get a power boost if you want. I'll send you a PM.