G&P Strobe Cap for SF 6PL? And replacement bezel?

azchris

Newly Enlightened
Hi, first post here but I've been reading around the forums a little bit lately. I have a SureFire 6PL with a Thrunite Cree R5 dropin, which I'm running off a 17670 UltraFire.

I was looking to add a strobe function to this light, and the only option I could find was this apparently Chinese-produced G&P tailcap with some mixed reviews here... But the most recent thread I could find on CPF was from 2008.

So I was wondering if anyone here has any ideas on what I can do for a strobe without changing the dropin? And is there a more reputable dealer to buy it from? All I can find is some eBay sellers, and it seems to go for $5-$10.

Another thing I was looking at is replacing the stock bezel with a crenellated one, but it seems SureFire doesn't sell the 6P Defender bezel anymore, only the KX version which I hear doesn't fit 6P-style dropins? So any recommendations on a black mid-sized crenellated bezel?

Thanks! :twothumbs

azchris

Newly Enlightened
Hey azchris not sure about the strobe part of the question apart from a very fast thumb on the tailcap. On the bezel thing im not sure if you want to keep your current bezel or not but oveready.com do screw in bezels that have crenelations.

http://www.oveready.com/surefire-up...-rings-for-surefirea-six-styles-/prod_25.html

Might help.....

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for, except it looks like they are out of the black ones at the moment... But it's not an urgent purchase for me so I'll keep an eye out.

I decided to go ahead and drop $10 to try ordering one of the G&P tailcaps from an eBay seller... I'm kinda interested to see how it performs and report back. But if anyone has any alternatives I'd love to hear 'em!

azchris

Newly Enlightened
Glad to help :thumbsup:

This tailcap sounds interesting. Ive never bought third party surefire lego before and would be interested in a few pieces.

All I have been able to find is sketchy eBay dealers so far, and it got mixed reviews here a couple years ago. Here's a couple links.

CPF c.2008

eBay search

azchris

Newly Enlightened
I've not played with them and don't know if they are compatible, but Elzetta has a strobe capable tailcap for their Malkoff hosts.

Thanks for the link, if the G&P one doesn't work out I'll take a look at these. It says their dropins aren't SF compatible but they say nothing about the tailcaps.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn´t read your thread earlier, sorry. I had the G&P AI strobe tailcap and it was ....ähm... crap. No good quality and it didn´t last very long. It also does not work with every cell. If I remember correctly mine didn´t work with 17670 rechargeables. And I assume that´s what you are going to use judging from your sigline picture. I hope your´s is going to work properly.

Eric

azchris

Newly Enlightened
I didn´t read your thread earlier, sorry. I had the G&P AI strobe tailcap and it was ....ähm... crap. No good quality and it didn´t last very long. It also does not work with every cell. If I remember correctly mine didn´t work with 17670 rechargeables. And I assume that´s what you are going to use judging from your sigline picture. I hope your´s is going to work properly.

Eric

Thanks for the info, it's on order already and it should be in about three weeks from now. I'll post a little review or something when I get it. Worst case is that it's a piece of crap and I wasted $10 to find out.