Request: Tint centric beam shots of iTP A3 vs Preon

Cptnodegard

Newly Enlightened
I have a LEGO Preon 1 body/clicky with iTP A3 upgrade edition head and I want to get the Preon head as well to have a "complete" light with matching colors etc. I really like the tint on the A3 though and so I was wondering if someone who has both could do a few comparison pictures of the two to show the difference in tint on something "real life" (not white background etc)? It would be geatly appreciated!

munkybiz_9881

Enlightened
Tint will vary so much from light to light that pictures will probably not help you much.

I have preon's, some are warmish and some are very blue. So no real way of knowing what you might get.

I dont have the ITP A3, But I have an A2.

Outputs between the Preon 1 and A2 are not that different(preon probably has the edge though), But the beam shape is. Preon is a floodier light.

In "real life" use like you are referring to, I prefer warmer tinted lights as they dont seem to wash out color as bad and seem brighter in everyday use.

Just My $0.02, Try a preon head and see what you get. If nothing else you'll gain some extra modes to wow your friends with, Then you can get the two cell body and this is where the Preon really shines!!

Last edited: