"Twisty Switch" for my LSH-P...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentucky Rifle

Newly Enlightened
\"Twisty Switch\" for my LSH-P...

I keep a small leather pouch in the watch pocket of my jeans. It holds a few basic EDC items for those times I get a call to fly somewhere and I'm not at home to grab my "go bag". Although the standard push-button switch always worked well on my LSH-P, I ordered a couple of "twisty switches". They make my Arc shorter and thus, there's room in the little pouch for one of James Knight's excellent little Lexan spare battery carriers.
I was curious as to how many other people prefer the "twisty" type switch? Anybody else?

Will

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re:

I love having the twisty option, but I end up using the TSPs (AA or 123) most of the time. I still haven't come to any final decision on which I prefer. Or, rather, I prefer to have both. If I could only chose one, it would be the TSP.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Re:

I would use the twisty pack more if I could turn the light on with one hand easily.

Likebright

Enlightened
Re:

I have both. I use the twisty for camping as a light in the tent it can stand up on end or hang. When walking I slap on the clicky. Cranking out light instantly as needed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re:

Tell you the truth.....I really like them both. But the twisty is the one I carry because it has the least likelihood of mechanical failure. Not that my clickies have ever...EVER, given me any problems because they haven't. I just feel more confident that when I need light, the twisty will always give it to me no matter what. So if I had to choose...it would be the twisty for me.

mike /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BF Hammer

Enlightened
Re: \"Twisty Switch\" for my LSH-P...

This has been addressed in previous threads. I have 3 power packs - the original tsp, twisty pack, and I picked up a 2AA tsp last week. I still use the twisty pack 90% of the time. Reason? Smallest size configuration and can stand on end. With some lube on the o-ring and threads it operates very easily one-handed.

onelight

Enlightened
Re:

I like the twisty best it is smaller and stands on end. I have no problem operating it with one hand. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

gyverpete

Enlightened
Re:

I like the twisty because it's the most compact. Looks nicer than than the clicky, too IMO. Mine turns easily one-handed. (If yours doesn't, the O-ring can be tweaked to fix that). No need to crank it down either. A light twist and light contact is enough. No flickering, no accidental turning ON or OFF.

I don't have a clicky. It's too big and ugly, IMO, so I never bought one.
My twisty works perfectly already. I actually prefer the twist action to a click esp. on a small light. It affords one additional grip position that I can turn it on one-handed, than if it had a clicky. Also, as yam mentioned, the twisty has no internal moving parts thus is potentially more reliable. A few have reported certain battery incompatability with certain twist switch units, but if your pack works with the brand you use, the twisty will likely never fail. In other words, if it works the first time, it will work everytime. With the clickies, some have reported failures after short use.

Status
Not open for further replies.