Anyone open up a Quark Mini? Need MCPCB size..

ACRbling

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Have any of you opened up a Quark Mini and taken a look at the mcpcb/led unit?

I'm planning a NW XPG R4 transplant into my G5 and would rather take the led from a Quark Mini instead of one of my tactical Quarks.

I think the mcpcb star in both the regular Quarks and G5 are 12.85mm in diameter.

I would appreciate any help or info regarding the Quark Mini.

Thanks in advance!

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have removed a pill from a QMiNi 123. The circuit board is attached to an aluminum cup much like a brass pill from a D26 drop-in. I can get you the measurements when I get home later.

suivant7

Newly Enlightened
mine quark has stopped working after year on my keys. mechanicaly broken driver - unstucked coil and there was no chance to open head without damage to fix it. neither after boiling it. so i get at least emmiter and its small reflector. MCPCB is smaller than XP-G R4 from cutter. in diameter and height. its very tiny! ...and sorry for my english

ACRbling

Newly Enlightened
Pcc, if you could do that for me I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you.

Suivant7, thanks for your help! I was hoping that the mcpcb would be the same size as the normal quarks but it's understandable if it's not. Could you elaborate more on getting inside the head of the mini? After you boiled it, did you use rubber strap wrenches to separate the head? How was it damaged?

suivant7

Newly Enlightened
If the regular quarks have 12.85mm then this is radically different. QminiAA MCPCB is approx 8mm in diameter and probably half of thickness of the standard XP-G 10mm MCPCB from cutter. But I didnt measure it exactly.

I was trying to boil the head in the water and than used right tools to open it but it didnt help, even by force. so i gave up and i cut through the aluminium to, at least, get an led.

ACRbling

Newly Enlightened
Sulvant7,

You totally saved me 37 bucks. If I didn't get any responses I was going to purchase one and tear it apart for apparently no reason.

Thanks a bunch!

*keep a lookout in the modified flashlights subforum for an update on my neutral white xpg maelstrom g5 :thumbsup:

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, then, I guess you don't need to know that the QMiNi 123 board is 18.9mm in diameter and that the entire pill is 8.3mm in height.

Suivant7, why didn't you contact 4Sevens and get it repaired or replaced under warranty?

ACRbling

Newly Enlightened
Pcc,

The circuit board is 18.9mm in diameter?

Now I'm confused, 8,12.8,18.9?

Would you happen to know if it's the same size as one out of a normal quark?

Thanks for taking the time to measure it for me!

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, I think I misunderstood you. I measured the diameter of the driver board. You are looking for the diameter of the star board that the actual LED is mounted to, right? That one looks like it's around 8mm but it's covered by a piece of black plastic that is about 10mm in diameter.
DSC_2163.jpg