Innovative Tritium Attachment Ideas

jag-engr

Enlightened
Does anyone have any innovative ideas about attaching tritium vials to flashlights that do not have tritium slots or an obvious place for trit slots (as in the case of the Nitecore PD lights or the LF2XT)?

I've found a couple good ideas here:
Budman231 - original lanyard slot on Quark
Morelite - empty clip slot of Quark
However, both these ideas apply primarily to Quark lights.

I've also seen tritium lanyard beads (by Lummi, Atwood, and TranquilityBase) with trit slots milled into the sides.

Does anyone have any other ideas for attachment, though. I would like really like to figure out a way to attach a trit vial to my Zebralight SC50w+. Currently, I attach a lanyard that has a DX trit vial on it, but sometimes I don't care to have the lanyard attached. Any ideas?

CKOD

Enlightened
How big are those heatsink fins on the head of your flashlight? Start stuffing some trit's in there, and add NOA61 as needed. :D

Or, alternatively, get a 1.75-2mm drill and start adding holes and put them in on end. (like the green ones here)
e5a7944b.jpg

http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/prodinfo.asp?number=G15731 those are fragile little carbide bits, you *will* need a drill press, and it would be greatly beneficial to have the item being drilled clamped so it cant move at all. If it breaks in the light, its made of carbide, so its stuck, you cant drill it out.
Grainger has a high speed steel version (much much much more forgiving to flexing) for 50% more :nana:
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/CH...e-_-Machining-_-Machine Cutting Tools-_-1F669
Either way I think shipping will break the bank compared to the drill bits.

A final tip for if you drill holes in something and the holes are too deep. Get a piece of fine solder, cut it off longer then you need, put a slight bend in it, and drop it in the hole. You can then push the tritum down with a toothpick or similar, and bend the solder till its at the perfect height. Put the solder in the hole, add NOA61, add the trit, and mash it down on the solder till the height is perfect, and wipe up any excess, and use a fine wire loop (like a single strand from some multi-strand wire) to add tiny drops of NOA to get a nice, perfct flat/concave top on hole with the trit in it.