Remix/ZB H51 Lux

(T)Light

Newly Enlightened
Hey all,
First post here (well, second really. I snuck in a post a few days earlier). I'm pretty new to many concepts and science behind flashlights, so bear with me!

I have a PT Remix (70 lumens) and I think its a great light. I began to look for a lighter headlamp because I'm a lightweight backpacker (bordering on ultralight), but after stumbling upon this forum and all of the options out there, I'd be willing to put up with even a slight weight gain on the headlamp provided it would outperform the PT Remix.

The light I'm interested in is the ZB H51. Seems to be a really cool, very versatile little light! However, I'm wondering if it will out-throw the PT.

On light-reviews.com, the Remix Pro is rated at 526 Lux on High. That should be the same or better than the regular Remix that I have.
On CPF, Selfbuilt's review lists the SC51 (basically the same as the H51) at 2,050 Lux with Eneloops.

Assuming these numbers are accurate, how proportionate will the throw be between these two lights? I somehow can't see the H51 out-throwing the Remix by almost 4x, yet it has 4x the Lux.

Thanks everyone!

(T)Light

Newly Enlightened
Zebralight email response

Well, this thread hadn't had any replies, so I went straight to the source. This was the response I got back from Zebralight concerning the throw of the SC51. I assume the H51 will be the exact same thing.

Subject: sc51 throw

Hi Travis,

The SC51 can 'throw' up to 150-200 yard.

Sincerely,

Lillian Xu
ZebraLight, Inc.
8320 Sterling Street
Irving, TX 75063

Even on the low end, 150 yards is a nice number for a single AA!

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Going straight to the light maker for answers was a smart move. Sarlix said his H51 out throws the NiteCore D10. Another member said his H51 out throws the Minimus. These are not direct comparison to the Remix, but should give you a frame of reference if you are familiar with those lights.