• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Preon ReVo SS Shorty

SFfanman

Enlightened
There isn't much that can be said when discusses improving an already tricked out light. So it was more of a blip of revelation when "Project SS Circumsized" went underway. :sssh: When all completed, out came Mr. Cleancut ReVo. The light now has 100 percent tailstandability and a smaller form factor to boot. Possibly the smallest AAA light ever? Not sure but other members could detest to that.

This one will be offered in regular XP-E. It will come with new AAA battery and all the accessories included in original packaging. Shipping will be standard U.S. only with Paypal "gift" or regular $79 Shipped!

The Goods
DSCN3641.jpg

Backside
DSCN3655.jpg

Hanging out with friends
DSCN3562.jpg

Last edited:

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Preon ReVo SS *Circumsized*

There isn't much that can be said when discusses improving an already tricked out light. So it was more of a blip of revelation when "Project SS Circumsized" went underway. :sssh: When all completed, out came Mr. Cleancut ReVo. The light now has 100 percent tailstandability and a smaller form factor to boot. Possibly the smallest AAA light ever? Not sure but other members could detest to that.

I am offering this one to its new owner in either XP-E Cool White or XP-G Neutral. It will come with new AAA battery and all the accessories included in original packaging. Shipping will be standard U.S. only with Paypal "gift" or regular $89 Shipped!

Awesome idea! Excellent result.

I don't think the new owner will need the split ring...

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very nice!

SFfanman

Enlightened

Thanks all - Very happy with the results and another is in the works.

Looks cool though I hope it was done by a rabbi. :nana:

Sadly, no, but I can say all precautions were taken and all utensils properly sterilized. :D

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Looks like the middle one is FS, it appears that the OP grind off the key ring attachment.
The shorter one looks like a body only.

Possibly the smallest AAA light ever? Not sure but other members could detest to that.

Close but no Cigar :). Revo is about 73mm long, after grinding off the keyring tail, about 4 mm?
It'll still be longer than Maratac AAA, which is 67.5 mm long, Maratac AAA is still not the shortest AAA.

Last edited:

SFfanman

Enlightened

Scount - Thanks!

Smokelaw- Ma-Sha is correct. The super small guy is just another body tube that was tossed in for the photo shoot only.

SFfanman

Enlightened

One and only Price Drop - Cool white Available

SFfanman

Enlightened

Hello Sir Administrator UNFORGIVEN:

This is in response your recent pm regarding this light for sale. Unfortunately it looks like your pm's are disabled and I don't see any options for visitor messages. So this is a copy of the reply I tried to send you:

Hi Unforgiven,

I am both honored and scared at the same time that an administrator takes an interest in my sales thread. :eek: Yeah, sorry to hear about your troubles with your batch of SS's. I ordered no less than 3 and haven't had a problem with any of them. The head seems be tight and the action works good. Hope this helps. Thanks,

Regards

SFfanman

Enlightened
Could you show another shot of the end where all the elbow grease was applied? After removing the lug, did you remove any of the "meat" of the actual end?

In this situation, one could be classified as a vegetarian. Much consideration and carefullness were taken when this project was underway and the "meat" was deemed sacred and precious, though from a vegan's POV - not to be touched. :eeew: Here's a pic which might help to clarify:

DSCN3568.jpg