Is there any kind of lubricant/grease I can get at a Pep Boys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

belomeclone

Enlightened
For lubing the o-ring and stuff. Something I can get locally, you know? Anything? Or do I have to go online.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a very good-sized thread on grease and lubrication, so I'd recommend you search it out and give it a read. It's full of good information on what different kinds of lubricants will swell your o-rings, which ones will get sticky, etc etc.

I personally use SuperLube. It's Teflon-based, so it won't swell silicone rings and it doesn't get sticky. Available at probably every home renovation store in my city. $10 will get you more than you will ever use.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
What stores would carry it? Like, actual names of stores.

It's unlikely that you're even in my country, so I can't tell you that. Do the same thing I did: a YellowPages search for 'home improvement' stores in your city, then visit each of their websites and look for the product. As with anything worth doing, some legwork is required. Good luck!

Gatsby

Enlightened
Definitely check out the mega lube thread.

As for local suppliers - Lowes and Home Depot sell 100% silicone grease, as do most dive shops. Not my favorite for a variety of reasons but it will work just fine.

I used to use Super Lube and found it at a local ACE hardware store.

Otherwise you're online!

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened
What stores would carry it? Like, actual names of stores.

thinking.gif
In my earlier post I named three inexpensive recommended products, and I named several different b&m stores where the products can be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.