Panasonic 14,4v 3Ah Li ion tourch for Battery drill, Led conversion

Hallgeir

Newly Enlightened
I have a flashlight running on the batterys from my battery drill. It's this one
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Panasonic-EY3740B-14-4V-Cordless-Li-Ion-Flashlight-/270520134854?pt=UK_Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM

14,4V 3Ah Li Ion. I wan't to get some led's in it instead of the bulb present.
By dooing this i want more light. Only number i seen is 4000 lux (370 lumen ???)

It got a cirkular room of 75mm wide and can stretch to 50mm deep. Have to fit reflector and led's. Beyond that is a square room of 40x30mm 30-35mm deep.
Any suggesting what to put in it? A driver could allso fit in the handle. Or is it best to direct drive it with a voltage restrictor or what it's called? (prevent to high voltage, ex if led is max 14v and battery is 16v

Last edited:

Hallgeir

Newly Enlightened
Anyone? The bulb present is 14,4v 0,55A It's over 16V fresh. Anything led'y to put in here that gonna make it brighter? I'm a complete newb so if i gonna buy something without advice i probebly just gonna waste my money. Some sort of drop in would be nice but i also think i can manage putting some parts together.

M@wurst

Newly Enlightened
since this does not look like aluminium you will not be able to run high powered leds...
maybe you should save your money for another project :devil:

Hallgeir

Newly Enlightened
Its all plastic but i can drill som holes and use a decent heatsink innside it. I see other people are doing that with dewalt/ryobi/makita stuf. I don't need it to run full power for hours. What i realy need is a shopping list for driver and led that goes to the 14,4v li-ion battery.

Last edited:

doctaq

Newly Enlightened
you could run 4 xp-g if you used a linear regulator based off of transistors or a lm317, maybe even power a fan

Hallgeir

Newly Enlightened
Ok which regulator? Links to wich parts and where to buy had been nice.

4x xp-g ? why 4