Tiablo A7

p97z

Newly Enlightened
I was looking for a light that has a nice strobe to be seen while cycling.

The requirements are:
1. Uses an 18650 for over 2 hr runtime.
2. Good quality
3. Bright strobe

I decided on a Tiablo A7 because 4 sevens has them for $50.00.

The first night I used my new A7 the temperature was 45-50 degrees out. I went on a local group ride and one of the riders lights went dead. I handed him the Tiablo A7 with the hopes that he would be blow away by the output. When I turned it on, the output was less then 10 lumens (just a guess). Instead of him being blow away, I was blown away by the pathetic light output. After the ride I got inside and thought maybe the battery was dead. To my surprise the light was bright and worked as expected. I left the light on for 1/2 hour and it worked perfectly. The next morning I mounted the light on my handle bars and rode to work. After about 10 minutes of riding, the light went dim and the output was unusable. When I got home I tried the light again and it worked perfectly normal. After scratching my head I put the light in the freezer for about 5 mins and the light dropped to 10 lumens again! I ran the head under warm water for 5 seconds and the light returned to full output.

Has anybody had any issues with the Tiablo 7 and cold temperatures?

p97z

Newly Enlightened
Are all Tiablo flashlights allergic to the cold or just the A7?

tadbik

Enlightened
This light is my all time worst buy. I hate it. It's unpredictable, flashes strangely at odd times and I don't like the way you change modes. This has been relegated to the wife's dog walking light!