Where to get Mag 2C?

wechnivag

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a couple of Mag 2C for an XP-G mod, have had no luck finding any at the usual places - Lowes,Home Depot, Walmart, etc.

Any idea who still carries them in a B&M store?

Also, what is the internal diameter of the tube for the heatsink?

Thanks!

lawson4450

Newly Enlightened
i just bought a two C from home cheapo a couple of months ago i think i got the last one though and I only paid like 5 bucks for it. I then purchased the fusion 36 led power module for it and it works great.

wechnivag

Newly Enlightened
Well, Amazon has them, buy more than $25 and you get free super saver shipping.

Maybe I'll wait for Black Friday deals, any heads up on good deals?

SmurfTacular

Enlightened
i just bought a two C from home cheapo a couple of months ago i think i got the last one though and I only paid like 5 bucks for it. I then purchased the fusion 36 led power module for it and it works great.

You paid five dollars for a 2C Maglite?

Ace hardware usually sells all sizes of Maglites, but they are like $22-$30.

I buy all my flashlights at Fry's. They have a incredible selection of Maglites with unbeatable prices (and other flashlights). A 2C Maglite cost me only $15! And a 3D for $17!

What's a good mod for the 2C mag, other than the fusion 36 (already have one of those)

The only way you can pull that off if you use one or two lithium ion cells. Or use AAA's in a carrier. Two C cells is only 3 volts; not enough for a P7. But a P7 Maglite is a great flashlight, definitely worth pursuing as a project.

Last edited:

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only way you can pull that off if you use one or two lithium ion cells. Or use AAA's in a carrier. Two C cells is only 3 volts; not enough for a P7. But a P7 Maglite is a great flashlight, definitely worth pursuing as a project.
you can also use 3x 4\5 sub c. nicd or nimh, nimh are 2ah, nicd are 1300ma, might even gat away with dd.
but the best way is like you said 2x li ion, 18650,