iTP Aluminum EOS Upgrades?

HarveyRich

Enlightened
The great, tiny iTP a3 EOS flashlight has had the XPE-Q5 leds for quite some time now. Anyone have an idea of when they're planning to upgrade, say to R2 or higher? I've been waiting and waiting, but nothing is appearing. They've put XPE-R2 in their A1 and A2 EOS SS versions, but not in the aluminum ones, nor in the SS A3 version.

brted

Enlightened
You can order the gift pack which includes a special edition XP-G S2 LED titanium A3, but it's $135. I don't see the point of putting an XP-G in an A3. An XP-E R2 would be nice, but it isn't much of a difference.

I just got a A3 to replace the one I bought last year and lost and I really like the improved PWM and the tighter threads that keep the light from coming on when you press on the head. Also has L-M-H on the modes if that appeals to you more than the M-L-H of the original. I kind of learned to like the M-L-H. Either way it is three twists to H and that is the mode I use the most.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I never even considered the 'Standard' edition when I first bought one. But now that I've tried one I love it, it's just so much simpler and easier to use than the 3 mode versions, and its noticably smaller to boot.