Malkoff 2D M@g battery options?

fomoco6.8

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, I was so psyched to see a drop-in available on Gene's site I bought it before noticing that it is a dedicated 2D M@g only. I was in the market for the 2/3 D model and had done some research as to what cells I was going to put in that one. This one has an input vtg. range of 0.8 - 3.3, but I havnt had a chance to search though the forums for any optional battery configurations for it. Anybody have any experience/suggestions for this set up with alkalines, or any others for that matter.
Thanks, Mike

hotlight

Enlightened
I think your options are:

x2 Alkaline D
x2 Nimh D
x2 AA(nimh or alkaline) in D adaptors for a lightweight set up

X1 D Mag Host:
x1 AA in D adaptor
x2 AA in series in some sort of adaptor.

think that's it, maybe more????

I'd do the x2 Nimh D for long runtime
or
x2 AA Nimh in D adaptors for the lightweight set up.

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys, I was so psyched to see a drop-in available on Gene's site I bought it before noticing that it is a dedicated 2D M@g only. I was in the market for the 2/3 D model and had done some research as to what cells I was going to put in that one. This one has an input vtg. range of 0.8 - 3.3, but I havnt had a chance to search though the forums for any optional battery configurations for it. Anybody have any experience/suggestions for this set up with alkalines, or any others for that matter.
Thanks, Mike
Yes, the newer D Mag drop ins are either: 2D (Max 3.3v) or 3-6D (Max 9.0v).

The 3-6D drop ins are hands down the more popular of the two.

James....:thumbsup:

fomoco6.8

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Hotlight, I did go the Nimh route and used it all weekend camping in the North Maine Woods. Very impressive, just chocked the oversight of grabbing the 2D instead of the 3-6D up to Newb learning curve. It's still a Malkoff though!