Finally got a Dereelight SST-50 drop-in for my Fireworm

fyrstormer

Banned
Just swung by the post office to pick it up. No pics yet, I'm still at work. Very nice drop-in, though, and in a host I don't have to worry about damaging. Can it be beaten? Probably, but not by much I think.

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast
interesting. me thinking about one of those. sst-50 that is.

will wait for beamshots... :popcorn:

recDNA

Flashaholic
Just swung by the post office to pick it up. No pics yet, I'm still at work. Very nice drop-in, though, and in a host I don't have to worry about damaging. Can it be beaten? Probably, but not by much I think.

How is your clicky? I've read many complaints. That along with the price has scared my off of the Fireworm

fyrstormer

Banned
How is your clicky? I've read many complaints. That along with the price has scared my off of the Fireworm
The clicky works fine. It was a little stiff at first, but it's pre-lubed, so I just played with it until it smoothed out a bit. The switch itself seems to be very similar to the forward clicky used in the Jetbeam Military series, and the titanium button on top is a nice touch. The threads could've been polished a bit, but titanium threads are the devil anyway, so I wasn't expecting much. I have my own lube with multiple sliding agents mixed in, and it has done a good job of polishing the threads as I played with the endcaps while waiting for the drop-in to arrive.

Well, I've got a bunch of pictures now, but stupid me I forgot to upload the darn things last night, and I'm busy again tonight. I'll try to get them up on Saturday. Running on 2 IMR16340s, the Dereelight SST-50 is well brighter than my Mac EDC, and will probably run longer too on account of having multiple cells to draw from. It was nice of them to include smooth and textured reflectors, but having tried both, the textured reflector is definitely the better choice.

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned
Pics! (finally)

CIMG4463.jpg

CIMG4469.jpg

CIMG4472.jpg

CIMG4488.jpg

I wanted to get a beamshot, but I'm having trouble finding a setup for my point 'n shoot camera that can adequately capture its brightness. It probably doesn't compare to the Tri-XPG monster drop-ins on the market now, but it works well for lighting up the room at the other end of the hallway from where I'm sitting right now. Definitely worth fifty bucks, anyway.