Viking Pro feedback

ramlytz

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

Does anyone have any experience with Viking Pro tactical lights? I've run across this name and haven't heard anything about them. I'm wondering about pricing and quality of their products.

Thanks in advance for any input,
ramlytz

If I recall correctly, the Viking folks to date produce two "tactical" lights, designed to use a standard one-inch weapons mount. The lights are a European product. They're not overly bright by 2010 standards, producing between 120 and 140 lumens. Light is single stage, uses a tailcap switch, and used to offer a 2.5 hour runtime to 50% charge on the cells. It used either 2x123 primaries, or a recharageable batter pack (which used to be NiCad, although I suspect by now the company must surely have migrated to NiMH).

Price was about €50-60 when I encountered the light, but its likely a bit different now due to currency fluctuations.

I have no experience with the beam pattern or the usual color temp of the light from the emitter, and can't comment on its reliability. It looked cool though, with lots of grip on the body of the light, but that wasn't enough for me to buy one.