Tiablo A9 questions

Capt. Nemo

Newly Enlightened
Just got my Tiablo A9 in the mail today. It is the older style, not the ramped up more expensive newer one. I have a couple of questions now that I've compared it side to side with my Blackhawk Gladius Maximus:

I've heard people talk about "doughnut holes", but now I understand what they mean. My Blackhawk has a nice smooth transition from the center on out to the edges. The Tiablo has a significant dark area surrounding the "hotter" center and then transitions abruptly to the outer edge of the spill. Is there anything I can do to change that besides the aspheric head (don't want that)? Thinking about putting a spacer under the mirror (whatever it's called) to raise it slightly off the LED. Will that work?

Secondly, the switch has to change. I've heard the term "forward clicky" and "reverse clicky", and don't know exactly the difference, but I need a momentary on and have the light come on before it clicks. What switch do these A9's have and what can I replace it with? I'm more and more swearing by the UI on the Blackhawk. I thought it was good, but now I think it is fantastic.

On the plus side, boy does the Tiablo light up from a distance! My Blackhawk washes out at about a city block with ambient street lights, but that Tiablo is lighting up houses a couple of blocks away (I'm sure the neighbors are loving me).

Thanks all.