Dorcy 220L very bad rings.

CamoNinja

Enlightened
Bought the light from Sears tonight. After looking at some beam shots here on the site I'm wondering should I take it back and exchange it or live with it. Seems to be very ringy compared to some of the pictures I seen.

Thanks

100_1937.jpg

100_1938.jpg

Dual

Newly Enlightened
Reminds me of the rings of Saturn. :p

I would go back and try to get an exchange if possible.

OCD

Enlightened
Is this the rechargeable Dorcy 220? If so, I have one that has a MUCH better beam. To be honest though, it resides in my truck where it gets more opportunity to stretch its legs as a thrower. I vary rarely have it inside but when I do, I don't get a beam like that. Yours appears warmer than mine. I would exchange it too. IMHO, its a great thrower for the price.

fishx65

Enlightened
That does look a wee bit ringy compared to mine also. These are great well built lights if you are looking for a nice thrower. I think most smooth reflectored Crees have rings. There was two different reflectors used in these. On one you could only see the LED, on the other you could see the LED and part of the pill. Mine has the bigger opening for the LED and I can see some of the green pill. There is a big long thread in the review section that shows the difference. I'm thinking this difference could be the cause of the Saturn rings. Dorcydirect.com has a great price on these with the CPF discount and shipping might be free. The ones I saw at Sears all had the small opening for the LED.

OCD

Enlightened
It is not a flawless beam by no means, but it is not as ringy as your pics. My lens is pretty scratched up which adds some artifacts. I've really never noticed the rings until looking for them on the wall just now. I'll try for a beam shot. How far from the wall was your beam shot taken?