RRT-2 XP-G or Jet III M XP-G?

SniperZero

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

Can you give me your suggestions on these 2 models? Can you compare these 2? which is better?

Thanks

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Jetbeam III M on order, since I wanted brightness and I also did not like the strobe setting on the RRT-2 with less lumens. I have the RRT-0 R2 version, and it's a great little light.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:

I have both but with the XR-E R2 and prefer the RRT-2. The RRT-2 is only slightly longer and wider at the bezel, personally the size difference is not enough for me to like the Jet-M better for carrying around.

I believe the new XP-G RRT-2 does not have the big brass heat sink plug that the XR-E model has so weight between the new models should feel about even.

I love the selector ring UI of the RRT-2 it's quick, smooth and very easy to use even if you hand it off to someone else it will be easy for them to use.

The Jet-M does have one programmable mode and that's a plus but the downside is your stuck with only the two modes from tight or loose bezel unless you re-program the loose bezel mode, the tightened head mode is not programmable.

The RRT-2 has four modes but one of those is strobe but at least you have a lo/me/hi directly accessible just by turning the ring.

They are both solid light's well built with a nice finish and both can use li-ion rechargeable if you wish but I give the edge to the RRT-2 for the more robust feel and selector ring UI at just a marginal size difference. One other slight difference is I prefer the smooth tailcap compared to the crenelated tailcap on the Jet-M, the smooth tailcap is a bit easier to access and more comfortable in a pocket.

Good luck with your search and lets us know what you end up with if anything, there is plenty of nice reviews on both lights just type the model name into the search box followed by review.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my Jetbeam III M and it's great!!!! I read the specifications on both, and the low on the RRT-2 only goes down to 38 lumens which is still very bright for certain conditions. At least with the Jetbeam III M you can adjust the second setting if necessary which may not be as easy, but has the ability.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll throw my vote in for the Jet-III M.

I've had both, and sold the RRT-2.

While the selector ring makes mode changing convenient, it's actually far less flexible than the Jet-III M.

FlashKat as already made a good point. The Low on the Jet-III M is lower than any other light I have, even lower than my Quark 123 Tactical.

The 2nd mode is infinitely variable, plus you have variable speed strobe, and beacon modes.

If you want flexibility, the Jet-III M is the way to go.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I find it odd that the RRT-2 is only rated for 300 lumens. I'm not sure if that's OTF or LED. The 355 lumens of the Jet-III M is LED, which is expected, so the RRT-2 number makes no sense...either it's heavily overdriven to acheive 300 OTF or way underdriven at 300 LED. I asked in the dealer thread and got no answer on this. For those who had both, does one seem noticeably brighter than the other (not hot spot (lux), I'm talking about ceiling bounce to check total output).

SniperZero

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys,

I heard that the new Jet III M is much brighter but the new RRT-2 throws better. Are these really noticable?

For the price.... the Jet III M is $84.00 and the RRT-2 is $110.00. If the Jet III M is better, why is the RRT-2 more expensive than the Jet?