Brightest E-Series Mod (LED)

jgang

Newly Enlightened
Found an E2E for a song, now I'm looking to turn it into a pocket torch. What's out there in the realm of the E2DL 2-mode head or drop-in that will get me 200 lumens+? Option 2 is to go with the E2C adapter and a P60 drop-in.

ASheep

Enlightened
Re: Brightest E-Series Mod

Found an E2E for a song, now I'm looking to turn it into a pocket torch. What's out there in the realm of the E2DL 2-mode head or drop-in that will get me 200 lumens+? Option 2 is to go with the E2C adapter and a P60 drop-in.

Well if you want to stick with incans, Lumens Factory make a crazy 350 lumen lamp for the E2, called the IMR-E2. Runtime is limited to 15 minutes or so on two IMR cells though, so it's not exactly practical.
A slightly more practical incan option is the Lumens factory EO-E2R, which is 150 lumens for 45 minutes.
If you want to go LED, Veleno designs (KuKu427 on CPF) makes a Cree XP-G drop in, with multiple configuration options, for the E series lights. This will Run at 200 lumens+ in an E2.
EDIT: forgot to add, KuKu's drop ins run on primaries or Li-ions, so that gives you extra choices in what you feed your light.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

jgang

Newly Enlightened

Good stuff there. That's what I was looking for. Guess I should have specified further.....I prefer the runtimes of LEDs and will be using CR123 primaries.

MannyDLights

Newly Enlightened

I would slam an Alpha G8 or G10 ..The G8 is around $28.00 8,000 Lux+ and the G10 around $42.00 or best offer on ebay

This LED which comes in a P60 drop in ......... I use them NOT sell them !!!!!

Bright and heavily used in Iraq by british and US forces..... Tested tough and dependable .....

Oh forgot Bright As Hell !!!!! :devil: