Inforce 6/9vx

bkumanski

Enlightened
Anyone have any experience with these new models? Emissive Energy states 300 lumens from this one (200 for the 6vx) and three modes. I like the durability, MIL rating, and lifetime warranty. If I have read correctly, Emissive sold the Inova brand, but retained the Inforce, correct? 300 lumens is quite a jump from the old 135s they had (when they were Inova). Still have to feed it primaries, but maybe the Tenergy 123s would work? I'm kanda looking to move away from the Surefire (albeit great lights) and Streamlights at work. I love my Eagletac T20, but being aluminum it's getting beat up as hell. My Nailbender HAIII Mag is too :(.

I used to have the Inova T4 and thought the light was well built, but a little dated in the LED tech.

Anyone's $.02?

Their website for specs:
http://www.inforce-mil.com/products_6v9v.html

Last edited:

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd love to have one of the 9vx models. I guess they are using XP-G if there getting in the 300lm range and I wonder how that carbon fiber body does with heat?

I have never owned a Inforce but I guess heat was never really an issue with the sub 100lm models so I would like to hear how it performs now that it's updated.

bkumanski

Enlightened
As far as heat, they appear to have a heatsinked/finned head. Reminds me of the old Spear. I was concerned about all the openings, but to clean it, Inforce states to just rinse it off :thumbsup:. I was kinda thinking about the Color model too but it's only 200 lumens now...