Saw a nice Coast LED Light at Frys!!!

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
It was a big 3C thing. Very nice looking. Looks stout!

Has somewhere around 10 LEDs, maybe 9. Didn't look much farther than the price...

$99!!!

I ain't paying that much, no way no how!

Tweel

Newly Enlightened
Does Fry's have a variety of LED lights? One just opened Labor Day Weekend in my area. I don't drive, so i'd like to know if it's worth the three-hour bus trip. Grrrrrrr, wish we had decent public tranport....

---Paul

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Mine is kinda spotty, but usually have:

Pelican L1, LW2100, LW4000, Rayovac Clip-on LED, Tektite LED replacement PR Bulbs, and lately a large number of Coast LED lights. Bunch of Keychain LED lights too. I'm probably forgetting something...

They have so much more than just lights, I usually spend at least an hour in there!

B@rt

Flashaholic
Kiessling mentions this light, the V2-16 here . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
fb9f5aa9.jpg

Kiessling

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
PJS, it is a nice light and very bright (kills the KL2) and heavy like a club, made of stainless steel. For us flashaholics it is not worth the money, but this time LedLenser did a good job with this light, I am pleased. Should be easily moddable, but then again, I am not a modder ...
bernhard

Azreal911

Enlightened
Heeey kiessling do you have comparison shots between the v2-16 and the KL2? i want to see how much brighter is one from the other. I'm guessing the v2-16 is direct drive also since it wanted 3 c's instead of the usual even number setup.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i wish i had a frys.man they must sell everything! i am into computers to i build em.and people always say get ya stuff for pc,s at frys. now i see they have leds. moves close to a frys

Kiessling

Flashaholic
will do one tonight, Azreal911, meaning in 3 hours ...
bernhard

EDIT: ahem ... I found out that I gave away my KL2 a few days ago to ChrisM, so ... I'll try looking for something else to compare it to ...

Kiessling

Flashaholic
ok ... here we go:

please note that the V2-16Chip is a bit bluer in reality while the other lights are presented too green by my fantastic 1st generation digicam. The L4 is almost pure white in reality.

fb2cad78.jpg

Arc LS1rev2 - V2-16Chip

fb2cad74.jpg

McLux TK McFlood Reflector Q3 Luxeon – V2-16Chip

fb2cad76.jpg

SF L4 – V2-16Chip

For more info about those lights
look here

bernhard

Azreal911

Enlightened
wow thanks! that V2-16 seemed pretty impressive and right up there in brightness over any luxeon. but against the L4 it seems just a little less brighter. must be cause the closeness to the wall. or else it looks like a very impressive like, I think it's expensive cause of all that brass they used for it! maybe a mag 32led drop in might be able to take that on. i'm gonna check out that goldenspx guy.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Azreal, this is a stainless steel light, no brass this time.
Those shots were taken about 2 feet from a more or less white wall. The V2-16Chip is a real flood light and will be outthrown by good LS lights with optix. When used as a flood light it easily kills every 1W LS but looses against the L4 of course.
In fact, it is pretty bright for 16 5mm LEDs, and I think a 32 LED adapter will require some modding to the head and will produce heat problems since this thing gets quite warm with the 16 LEDs already.
bernhard