Looking for new aa/aaa torch - Quark / Preon Q's

weez82

Enlightened
Howdy :)

First I just want to say, I hate you all. You got me started on led lights and now I cant stop. I need more. I hate you all, lol Im just kidding of course. I love this site and Ive learn lots so far. So thank you candle power forums users :)

So yea, I'm looking for a new single aa or aaa torch. Right now I have a Fenix LD10 Q5 and love it. But, I need a new torch, a different one. I've been looking at 4Sevens lights and like what I see. This is want I want but I dont know if I can get it. I want a Quark MiNi AA with a Preon2 UI or a Preon1 with a clicky switch and Preon2 UI. Is it possible to get a mini or preon1 like the preon2? If not is there another manufacture that sells a torch like that?

HKJ

Flashaholic
:welcome:

For a good AAA light, take a look at the ReVO (You can always check my site for some beamshots, I have looked at many AAA lights). It might also me a good idea to keep a close look on our marketplace, sometimes there are some very interesting AAA lights (A guy called KuKu427 has can be very expensive to follow, but also very interesting).

It is easy to get a Preon I with a clicky switch: you can order the switch as a spare part.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure what you mean by a 'preon 1 like a preon 2'... The heads and tailcaps on the preons are interchangeable, so you should be able to mix and match the 1xAAA and 2xAAA bodies with the heads and either the flat or clicky tailcaps.

It's also unclear what you mean by 'a mini AA with a preon 2 UI'. They use exactly the same UI. If you want a two cell AA mini, 4Sevens makes one they just released a couple weeks ago. It's gotten good reviews so far.

If you could give more info about what you're looking for, we can give you better advice/info to help you decide.

JS_280

Newly Enlightened
Out of those three, here's what you can do:

• Mini AA Twisty
  • Preon 1 Twisty
  • Preon 1 Clicky
  • Preon 2 Twisty
  • Preon 2 Clicky

All three lights have the following UI:

Low->Med->High

And if cycled through twice:

Low->Med->High->Low->Med->High->Strobe->SOS->Beacon High->Beacon Low

weez82

Enlightened
Any way to get the MiNi with a clicky switch? I dislike the twisty's.

It's also unclear what you mean by 'a mini AA with a preon 2 UI'. They use exactly the same UI. If you want a two cell AA mini, 4Sevens makes one they just released a couple weeks ago. It's gotten good reviews so far.
I might be getting the mini confused with the regular (I've been looking at so many lights). How is the UI on the regular Quark AA?

I guess this is the light I'm looking for: An AA or AAA clicky with moon mode/low/med/high/max modes and hidden sos/strobe/beacon. Right now I love my Fenix LD10 but it would be perfect if it had moon mode and sos/strobe was hidden

HKJ

Flashaholic
Any way to get the MiNi with a clicky switch? I dislike the twisty's.

I might be getting the mini confused with the regular (I've been looking at so many lights). How is the UI on the regular Quark AA?

I guess this is the light I'm looking for: An AA or AAA clicky with moon mode/low/med/high/max modes and hidden sos/strobe/beacon. Right now I love my Fenix LD10 but it would be perfect if it had moon mode and sos/strobe was hidden

The 4Sevens lineup is:

Preon: 1xAAA is twisty, 2xAAA is clicky, but you can buy a clicky for 1xAAA. Both has 3 brightness settings. Hidden flashing modes.

Preon ReVO: Only twisty with 3 brightness settings. Hidden flashing modes.

Quark MiNI: Only twisty with 3 brightness settings. Hidden flashing modes.

Quark regular: Only clicky and has a moon mode. Flashing modes is at the end of the brightness sequences.

JS_280

Newly Enlightened
The 4Sevens lineup is:

Preon: 1xAAA is twisty, 2xAAA is clicky, but you can buy a clicky for 1xAAA. Both has 3 brightness settings. Hidden flashing modes.

Preon ReVO: Only twisty with 3 brightness settings. Hidden flashing modes.

Quark MiNI: Only twisty with 3 brightness settings. Hidden flashing modes.

Quark regular: Only clicky and has a moon mode. Flashing modes is at the end of the brightness sequences.

Plus the Quark Tactical: Clicky with two programmable modes (tight and loose) which can each be moon mode, low, med, high, turbo, strobe, SOS or beacon.

The Quark AA Tactical is by far my favorite of the lineup.