ultrafire 606 , some mods ? or a new one

felipe007

Newly Enlightened
helly everybody

i have an ultrafire 606; i like it, but it has a small problem, sometimes it loses contact, so the led goes dim or completely out, i soldered it back and it works great.

so here a my questions
A)the 606 upgrade
1) can i fit an extension on the body of the 606 so that i can put 3*aa in it (now i can only put 2* aa in it)

2)can i put a new led in it which is more powerfull ? so a completely new piece where the led is build into.

3)can i place a bigger head on this torch, so that i can have a much wider beam ?

B)if this last thing cannot work, i'm looking for a torch that has a wide bundel of light, and carries aa batteries, i have found the fenix tk40 but it is to expensive for me, is there a cheaper brand or model that does the job (i don't need the 630 lumen) with half of it, i'm good

thanks a lot
greetz

Chicago X

Enlightened
If you want a 'big gun' that runs on AAs, and the TK40 is out of your price range, take a look at the iTP A6 Polestar.

It lists for ~$80, and can be had on FleaBay and CPFMP for much less. I paid under $70, shipped, for the A6 AND iTP A3 SS. (Christmas bundle)

It is rated at 700 lumens, takes 6xAA batteries, and has a very wide, floody beam.

Good luck with your search !! :thumbsup:

Latest posts