Advice on duty flashlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tayous1

Newly Enlightened
So I might have a job in ND with a Fed LEO. I'm looking for a good bright flashlight that would be small enough to fit on my duty belt. Would like to be able to adjust the brightness on this light. Also for it to have a good battery life be able to use rechargeable batteries like 18650 and also CR123. It's also important that it be comfortable in my hand when holding a pistol with or without gloves.
I have a old Surefire Z2 non LED and I like it Ok just sucks up the batteries spent a lot of money on it and really feel it's not worth it. I'm not looking to spend a lot of money on this flashlight unless this light is really worth it. I'd like to stay under $150 and Max would be $200 before the wife would just kill me. I know I could read all these post out there and I have read a few about the Eagle Tac and Fenix flashlight. I'm still on the edge about Surefire as I'm not looking to spend money on a name.

Any advice or suggestions would help me out a lot I have no clue about flashlights as I thought my "Bad a$$" 6- C cell maglight was the king until a few years ago:shrug:. Thanks for the help!

HIDblue

Enlightened
You may want to save yourself a few bucks and see what flashlight they actually issue you first when you get hired and graduate from the academy. If it's a Surefire, then you may only have to spill for a quality drop-in lamp. If you get issued a crappy light and/or nothing at all, then start looking around....i.e. Olight M21, Olight M20, Fenix TK11 or 12, Eagletac T20C2 MKII or P20C2 MKII, JetBeam Jet-III M, RRT-2, etc., are some good choices to consider for duty belt carry.

But you may also want to check if there are any restrictions on what you are and are not allowed to carry on duty.

:welcome:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Any advice or suggestions would help me out a lot I have no clue about flashlights as I thought my "Bad a$$" 6- C cell maglight was the king until a few years ago:shrug:. Thanks for the help!

Tayous1 did you not learn anything about flashligts when you posted this thread, and got 29 replies Dec 2009? You have been a member since Dec 2009 and there is a wealth of info here about duty flashlights. You do have a "clue" about flashlights.

Bill

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.