• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Camo MillerMod!!!!

gjg

Enlightened
Hello All:
Remember MillerMods? GREAT mods of the classic Arc AAA's. And this (I believe) is the last one Eric made.:cool: Here is a link to the last sales thread: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/213007. It's an R2 XR-E set at 75mA/1.5W, with a WG Tint. I supplied Eric with a NOS Camo body, and he sent me this jewel. Bright little sucker. 100% Shelf Queen, never carried. Asking $185 shipped. I'm pulling this number out of my a** (too high? make an offer!), because it's the last and best of the breed, the ONLY Camo, and something of a grail to MM collectors. :D Gift PP or MO, please, CONUS only.
Thanks for your interest,
Greg

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man why do all the good torches come up in bunches!?

Best of luck on your sale :popcorn:

-Mayo

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast
i am the proud owner of a non-camo Millermods XP-E R2 25/1.5

like the unit being offered above, it was one of the very last MM to be produced by Eric Miller and the best version he ever made.

over the years i'd guess that i've owned at least a couple dozen Millermods. all were wonderful, but i consider this variation the finest flashlight i've ever owned, bar none.

the one for sale is a true masterpiece and well worth the asking price. if you're serious about mini 'lights, it doesn't get any better than this.

and best of all, gjg is probably the most knowledgeable MM collector in the world and a totally trustworthy guy.

gjg

Enlightened
:eek: Wow, thanks, Coyote!! To be honest, I figured this would be one they would have to pull out of my cold, dead hand, but the Siren Song of a Ti Mule with a Nichia 119 High CRI is too loud, and the wallet is too empty to avoid letting something nice go....:shrug:. But couldn't bear to pocket it, so my last shelf queen it is (btw, I do have a pocket clip for the light, just have never put it on).

When was the last time you saw an Arc Camo for sale (last one I remember was about $50), much less a 130 lumen one:whistle: The stock units were built in late 2006, here's a thread Gransee wrote on the "Lot 1's"- https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/135984. A few more pics for size comparison, and a good view of the polishing Eric did on the reflector:

gg

Last edited:

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast
.....a good view of the polishing Eric did on the reflector....

he didn't just polish it, he completely reshaped the reflector using a non-linear parabolic cut so there's none of the obvious donut-hole you usually see with Crees of that era. brilliant!

greg, if you don't mind, i'd sure like to share info about millermods XR-E lights that i saved which a buyer might find helpful:

MillerMods Arc Cree XR-E R2 Two-Stage Custom Flashlights

Options for the high setting and approximations for the Cree X-RE R2 and custom driver output on high:

3/4 watt = ~240mA drive 50-70 minutes runtime to 75% initial brightness
1 watt = ~320mA drive 30-50 minutes runtime to 75% initial brightness (This power level can be run continuous but will get fairly warm.)
1.25 watt = ~390mA drive 25-35 minutes runtime to 75% initial brightness (This power level can be run continuous but will get warmer than the 1 watt.)
1.5 watt = ~480mA drive 15-25 minutes runtime to 75% initial brightness (It's best not to have the 1.5 watter on for more than a few minutes at a time. It can get hot.)

* Runtimes will vary because of both the temperature of the light and capacity and quality of the NIMH cell used.
* All lights are built with the R2 binned Cree XR-E using WC or WG tints.

With the R2 bin rated estimates are as follows, depending on Vf and other factors:

3/4 watt ~240mA ~75-90 lumens
1 watt ~320mA ~95-110 lumens
1.25 watt ~390mA ~115-125 lumens
1.5 watt ~480mA ~130-145 lumens

Options for low level output are 25mA, 50mA, or 75mA drive.

Runtimes on LOW power for all models (tested using a 900mA NIMH cell):

25mA drive = 7 hrs @ ~6 lumens, 50mA drive = 4 hrs @ ~12 lumens, 75mA drive = 2.5 @ ~22 lumens.

Parabolic cut with a polished reflector is standard and the only available option for the reflector. It is included in base price.

The lens on the Cree is made of glass, not plastic.

Batteries: Lithium are fine in any version. Rechargeable NIMH cells actually work the best of any cell in all models. Alkalines will only work well in the 3/4-watt model. Li-ion (3.6V) cells may NOT be used in any model.

Waterproof: The head is filled on the backside of the LED with epoxy.

Low/High activation: Twist on for one level and then on further for the next level. Low comes on first, then High next.

Note: A very limited number of these flashlights were delivered from Dec '08 thru Aug '09. Due to the lack of available high-quality Arc bodies/heads, very few were actually produced.

Last edited: