Petzl MYO resistor fault

mikecawker

Newly Enlightened
Hi All

I have a 2008 Myo xp headlamp, it is not working :eek:(.

IMG_3643.JPG

I have traced the faul to the resistor which lies in the battery compartment (i assume it is there to limit the current to the lamp). Here is a close up of the resistor removed from the headlamp. zero continuity across the ends (its very small). hairline crack is visible in the photo.
IMG_3642.JPG

Can anybody tell me what the resistance should be so i can perhaps find a relacement?

It says on the resistor CRUZA CQ ZAR1. (i think thats it anyway, the writing is tiny)

I guess this would mean some helpful soul opening their headlamp up and getting out a multimeter, or perheps someone has had this fault already.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, i hate to see something expensive binned due to a simple fault.

Many thanks

Mike

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you contacted Petzl, they might send you a replacement battery carrier for free. Or as for the light sent in and repair/replace it.

That resistor might also contribute to the Myo XPs horrible performance on NiMH batteries:thinking:

Sverre

Colorblinded

Enlightened
I don't think that's a resistor, if it were it should have colored bands on it that would tell you its value.

IIRC Petzl put a fuse in the battery carrier designed to blow in the case of a short.

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, just short out the two wired it used to be bonded to.

mikecawker

Newly Enlightened
Hi People,

thanks for the quick responses.

I was not sure myself if it was a resistor since it is not colour banded. but i didnt think it was a fuse!!

i will try bypassing it and see if the light returns.

Mike

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depending on why the fuse blew, that may not be a wise thing to do.

True, I should have said "Just to see if it works". If not, (or maybe even if it does), you might have a shorting problem.

Szemhazai

Enlightened
He may dismount the head and using universal meter check the cable for the short-circuits between battery pack and head :thumbsup: