Possible Problem With LSHP AR Coating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just rec'd a NIB ARC LSH-P. I immediately noticed that the lens has something very funky going on with it. The center is clear and then there is a jagged looking dull area nearly surrounding the clear center portion. It looks exactly as if there is a film partially attachted to the lens. Sort of like the peel-off plastic film you see on new LCD window panels on electronics devices. So is the AR coating disbonding, or is there actually a peel-off film on there to protect the polycarb lens? Doesn't mention it in the literature. Whatever it is, it ain't right. Anyone know about this?

Thanks,
A-6

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're right it is a protective sticker that you can either peel off or keep on I kept mine on to add to the scratch resistance of the optic. It doesn't greatly affect the volume of light or the focus. Some just choose to take it off, be careful not to scratch the optic getting it off though.

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whew.... Thanks TSG. Ok I'll leave the film on for a while and just rub it down better.

Second Q Please:
When shone on the ceiling, the beam has that square hot spot. I think I have seen that on the beamshots provided on CPF. So I am not shocked by that I guess. However-there are two distinct thin black lines that intersect the beam's circle overall-as if there is a pencil lead across the beam. What's up with that?

Anyone?

Thanks

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Fellows. I had been to the FAQ a while ago. Just didn't think to check it tonight. So Everything is hunky dory then..and that being the case; should I nowdelete this post? There is no problem afterall. Don't want to shed any ill light on the Arcs.

A-6

Status
Not open for further replies.