NiteCore EZAA NCSL119

123Sven321

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

today some of the Nichia High CRI NCSL119-H1 LEDs arrived from Lumitronix in Germany.
I couldn't await it to test the tint and the color rendition of the LED.

So I took a flashlight that I didn't like, because of its bluish tint. My Nitecore EZAA R2 with XPE R2 LED.

The Head of the light was easy to open. I just took two peaces of rubber (flat sheet about 1mm think) and two big gippers and with quite a lot of force I was able to open the head. Maybe heating it up to 50°C would have weakened the glue in the threads and it would have been much easier to open...

After unsrewing the reflector you can see the LED.
The LED sits on a small round metal board which is held in place by a plastic spacer. The LED is not glued to the heatsink. There is only thermal grease. The LED gets pushed onto the heatsink with the spacer when the reflector is screwed on.

I just had to unsolder the wires, replace the LED-board with the new one, resolder the wires and screw on the reflector.
The metal-board from lumitronix was a bit thicker than the original board, so i had to sand down the board a bit.
The Nichia NCSL119-H1 has just the same size as the XPE, so everything else fits quite well.

Now I have a very nice light. It is not that blasting bright as before, but the tint is great.
The tint is much cooler than my Quark MiniAA Q5 warm-white,
but slightly warmer than my Quark MiniAA Q3 neutral-white.

The hotspot is about the same size of the XPE Quark MiniAA.
Sorry, I don't have beamshots jet, it's just about noon here in Germany.

Sven