undecided newbie

cinders

Newly Enlightened
First post here, love site with TONS of info! trying to decide between a few lights! used mostly for hunting, dog walking, general uses. would like opinion on eagletac T20C2 MKII,tiablo A10-G,OlightM20 warrior or fenix TK11. like a little bit of each! any help would be really appreciated!!

cambel

Newly Enlightened
I only have expierience with the t20c2 mark 2. Its a great light, bright as hell, perfect beam, tons of different options, I love the ui and its almost bomb proof. If your not going to be using it around land mines then it will last you forever. Since I only have the eagle tac and I love the light itself my vote goes for that one. If your going to buy one, www.illuminationgear.com is the best place to buy it. Free shipping and he gives a cpf discount on top of already low prices. He has also gone way out of his way for me and has been really friendly and professional to me, even when I didnt buy one of my eagle tacs from him. I Highly recommend him. He also sells other brands so check it out. Just to add, I dont know him personally I'm just a very happy customer.

Last edited:

Bladedude

Newly Enlightened
Welcome Cinders,
I do not own any of the lights you have mentioned but can tell you that I was in a bind about whether to purchase the Fenix TK12 or the Eagletac T20C2 MKII and I went with the Fenix because Fenix lights are built like tanks and can take a beating and also because I have two other Fenix lights (TA21 and LD10 R4) and absolutely love them. Check out the reviews that Selfbuilt does of the lights you mentioned. Selfbuilt is a well respected member of CPF who's reviews on lights are superb! I think after you look at his reviews it will greatly help your decision.:welcome:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
TK11 is good, it's simple operation. Click tailcap for on and off, twist head to access low mode and it's cr123 x2 or 18650 friendly.
Good hotspot and transition to spill is excellent.
Has an antiroll ring so you can cigar grip operate it.
Great bang for your buck.

Rocketman

Enlightened
Welcome, cinders. I haven't owned any of those lights so I won't remark on them. I will say, though, continue to research the lights that interest you. You will eventually know enough to comfortably make a decision. That's what I do. I have bought only a very few lights that I regret buying. I will also say, be careful of the dealer you buy from. You really need to buy from only respectable dealers. You will occasionally receive a light that will be broken somehow, or defective. A good dealer will take it back and refund you or let you trade it for another light. This is important because some manufacturers will not repair your light or may not repair it to your satisfaction.

Good luck and have fun, I know I do.

jcalvert

Enlightened
First post here, love site with TONS of info! trying to decide between a few lights! used mostly for hunting, dog walking, general uses. would like opinion on eagletac T20C2 MKII,tiablo A10-G,OlightM20 warrior or fenix TK11. like a little bit of each! any help would be really appreciated!!

cinders,

First, welcome to CPF :welcome:!

Although I only have a few lights in my arsenal for a variety of tasks, I just so happen to have all the lights you are interested in, but the Fenix TK11. However, I do have the Fenix TA21. Here's some feedback based on personal experience and preferences.

1) EagleTac T20C2 MKII This is a very nice "general purpose" light that is driven hard so you get a lot of balanced output for dog walking, etc. Despite being designed for LEOs, my only complaint is that the low mode was placed in with the strobe modes, when it could have easily been put in with the high & medium constant light modes. Because of this you cannot access the low mode at night w/o clicking the light on first in high or medium mode and then accessing the 2nd group with a bezel twist. So the T20 does not make for a good bed-side light unless a sudden blast of bright light doesn't bother you as it apparently doesn't bother some CPFers. I agree w/ cambel to order the T20 from Tod at Illumination Gear.

2) Tiablo A10-G This is a dedicated thrower-only light that has greater output available with the single mode switch installed and is my deer hunting tracking light. The "G" indicates this version has a 1" gun-mountable sized barrel. It is argueably the strongest, stock thrower on the market and for it's small size, it has amazing throw power.

3) Olight M20/M20S These models are identical except the M20S (which I have) has a second switch on the side of the tailcap for instant access to the strobe mode w/o having to turn the light on with the clicky first. And when turning the light on with the clicky, the side switch conveniantly gives you access to changing modes. These lights do have mode memory, especially for the low mode which the ET T20 lacks. The M20S is my personal favorite "general purpose" light for around the house because of its easy to access UI for my family and it has a very strong, balanced output. Plus as a bed-side light, you can turn it on in low mode which preserves my night vision

4) Fenix TK11/TA21 This is also a very nice "general purpose" light that is driven hard like the ET and is my personal favorite "general purpose" light for outside the house, due to its very unique UI and very strong output with some thrower capability. Although the UIs between these two Fenix models are completely different, what they have in common is that they are built like tanks w/ impressive output. What you get for the price if you shop around a bit and use a CPF discount, are very good "value" products. I would suggest purchasing a Fenix from Marshall at GoingGear.com using his 10% CPF discount. BTW, you may want to look at the Fenix TK15 with its dual-switch system, a bit like the Olight M20S, which should be available from GG any time or at least very shortly.

You obviously did your homework, as all these lights are upper level quality lights IMO, in their respective categories.

Best wishes for choosing a light or lights that will hopefully provide you with years of strong and reliable performance. I hope this helps and I want you to feel free to inquire further about these lights as needed. After you earn Private Messaging (PM) privelages, you can contact me privately as well.

All the best,
John