LS 'firsts' register

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex

Newly Enlightened
LS \'firsts\' register

Does Arc publish a list of Arc LS 'firsts' to reassure buyers that they're buying a 'first', not a good 'second'? I bought an LSH-P with a somewhat yellowish beam from an 'unofficial' dealer.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
Re: LS \'firsts\' register

even with the premiums, some variation will be evident. do you have any other luxeon lights to compare it to? it is hard to say whether the dealer would do that or not, since we don't know who it is, but if you think it's bad enough to be considered a second, you may want to drop peter an email about it (as well as getting a replacement)

Rex

Newly Enlightened

It looks definitely yellow and less bright when compared to my KL1 which has a bit of violet tint. It nearly has the same tint as my CMG Reactor (which has a very good LED, very slightly yellow-green).
I am still satisfied my LS, but reading posts about great seconds and 'very white' LSH-P's gives me doubt about the quality of the particular unit I got.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast

Rex,

The people who report on their Arc LS seconds tend to be the ones who are very pleased with their purchase. I made such a report about a month ago, but I didn't talk about the donwside part of what I got. What I said was quite rosey because I was pleased overall.

If I point to all the warts and pimples it sounds a little different. I bought six:<ul type="square">
[*]Two LHS-Ss that were perfect -- pure white -- couldn't find a thing wrong with them.
[*]An LS2 that was greenish, although it was very bright.
[*]One with two small nicks on the head, but it was LSL-S 001, a collector's item.
[*]An LHS-S with rough threading, causing it to feel like it was grinding when I unscrewed it. I did a little filing, and it turned out very well.
[*]An LHS-S that was screwed together so tightly that I couldn't separate it from the tail. Arc replaced it with another LHS-S on which the tail did not screw on completely, making it about 0.1 inches longer. But the o-ring did engage, and it is waterproof.[/list]
So, there were problems, but it was still a good deal for $50 each. Five made nice gifts. The LSL-S 001 I kept /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.