pls in need of help with quark mini aa

Eighty3

Newly Enlightened
I recently purchased the quark mini 2aa. Great light btw. The thing is, the flashlight stopped working on me twice. I looked at the led when I tried twisting it on, and there was a light glow then nothing. What I had to do was remove and return batteries again so it worked. Am I doing something wrong? When in off position is there a certain amount of twist required? This is the first light of 3 from 4sevens that had me question there light. Was wondering if there were any suggestions here from fellow cpf friends before I contacted 4sevens. Oh and when I first received the light there was a very faint hum coming from the head when it was on, but went away after some time and no longer hums.

Any help is very much greatly appreciated. Hope I posted in the right area if not can mod pls move to rightful place. Thanks.

Great site! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you checked the contacts and batteries? And 4sevens will take care of you if something's gone wrong.

Did it hum while on, then not hum while on, then stop working?

Eighty3

Newly Enlightened
Have you checked the contacts and batteries? And 4sevens will take care of you if something's gone wrong.

Did it hum while on, then not hum while on, then stop working?

Actually if you hold the light to your ear there is a very light hum on low and medium still. But on high there is no hum. Batteries are from 4sevens and are fairly new still but I have been playing with light. The contacts are clean. At the head there shows slight wear from the battery . I guess its from twisting. Last time it went out was about 3-4 Hrs from prior use and just did not want to turn on again. I did not notice any hum at that point. So far its working. Glad to know I can count on 4sevens if need be. Thank you.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually if you hold the light to your ear there is a very light hum on low and medium still. But on high there is no hum. Batteries are from 4sevens and are fairly new still but I have been playing with light. The contacts are clean. At the head there shows slight wear from the battery . I guess its from twisting. Last time it went out was about 3-4 Hrs from prior use and just did not want to turn on again. I did not notice any hum at that point. So far its working. Glad to know I can count on 4sevens if need be. Thank you.
That humming is normal. The QMiNi uses a boost driver, then creates modes with PWM. It's not usually a visible flicker, but it's audible - the inductor emits magnetic fields that make some conductors vibrate.

Pull the spring out (with paperclip) and clean the bottom. Lightly roll a pencil eraser inside the cylinder bottom. Make sure the top and bottom of the spring are clear of gunk. Then do the same eraser treatment to the positive contact of the QMiNi. You'll need something reachier to clean the contact ring (shiny part on the outside) and the eraser works for the top of the body barrel. Even a near-dead battery ought to work on Low.

Shoot 4sevens an email and they'll run you through basic troubleshooting like this, and if that doesn't resolve it you'll probably have an RMA box on your way from the local distributor.