35W Dolphin HID? Possible?

Manual Man

Newly Enlightened
Hello Guys...

I have a spear (Mk 4?) Dolphin torch sitting round doing nothing, and yesterday saw a 35W "Xenon Super Vision HID" vehicle light set for $50 off a certain HK companies web sit...is it possible to stick half this kit in a dolphin torch as well as a custom made battery pack (4-6?x18650s?) to give me 1600 (handheld, waterproof and possibly floating) lumens...for around 100 bucks???

Any recommendations/ input welcome....cheers.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Guys...

I have a spear (Mk 4?) Dolphin torch sitting round doing nothing, and yesterday saw a 35W "Xenon Super Vision HID" vehicle light set for $50 off a certain HK companies web sit...is it possible to stick half this kit in a dolphin torch as well as a custom made battery pack (4-6?x18650s?) to give me 1600 (handheld, waterproof and possibly floating) lumens...for around 100 bucks???

Any recommendations/ input welcome....cheers.
Lumens? Yes. The throw you'll want? Maybe not. I mean, if the electronics fit and you wire them they'll run, but the larger light source means that any fitting reflector will give a wider beam pattern.

Manual Man

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the reply...guess i'll have to keep my eyes out for a good host, from a quick look at the body it looks like it will accommodate 6-9 18650s with just room left for the ballast. Another question though..what sort of depth is needed in a HID reflector to 'throw' well?

Cheers

Manual Man

Newly Enlightened
Double post...opp (is there a way to delete this?)

Anyway I was going to ask another question....are HID lamps focused from the arc chamber? and if so are there any short HID lamps which will fit the standard dolphin reflector?

Cheers

Last edited: