Should I , or should I not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spango

Newly Enlightened
After reading all the positive reviews regarding the Arc LS here, I am very tempted to order an Arc LSL to replace the Infinity Ultra which I am carrying now.... Should I, or should I not, that's the question! I've been trying to keep my hands off the 'Order' button, but looks like resistance is futile..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

On a more serious note, how does the default switch work? Is it the clicky type similar to the one used on the Surefire L4? Is it as stiff?

Also, as far as the light quality is concerned, how is it compared to the CMG Reactor 3AA? I ask this is because that is the only 1 watt Luxeon Star light I own. Thanks!

PS: Should I post this here, or should I post it in the LED forum instead? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spango,
like you said, resistance is futile /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
first, the switch is the kroll, so it is clicky with momentary on.
It is A LOT better than the reactor. It is definitely worth the money.
Also, i would say it is better if you order LSH-P or LSL-H or both. I actually prefer HD beam pattern than LD, but you should like both :grinn:

Spango

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
shiftd said:
Spango,
like you said, resistance is futile /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
first, the switch is the kroll, so it is clicky with momentary on.
It is A LOT better than the reactor. It is definitely worth the money.
Also, i would say it is better if you order LSH-P or LSL-H or both. I actually prefer HD beam pattern than LD, but you should like both :grinn:

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I know resistance is futile, its just a matter of time ..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

This may sound silly, but I know of the momentary on part, but does it stay on after clicking in, or do I have to hold it on with my fingers? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
press lightly for momentary on (when you let go, it turns off)
or press harder for it to latch on.

it really is a great light, and should blow your reactor 3 away in terms of quality and size /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
and coolness factor too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
After clicking it stays on.
It is better than the Reactor by far because it doesn't have the long decline as the batteries die. The LS is semi-regulated so it stays quite bright untill close to the end of battery life.
I held off quite a while but couldn't resist the sale on seconds so I got two /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif . An excellent buy!!

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
the kroll switch is initially stiff, but the more you use it the less stiff it becomes because most of the stiffness is actually caused by the rubber boot. once it softens up the kroll isn't that bad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

rumar

Newly Enlightened
Dang it! I was holding out for the LS4 (or whatever it ends up being called) and resistance was futile. I broke and ordered a LSL. Oh well, my wife can have it as soon as the LS4 come out...

Status
Not open for further replies.