Flashlight OCD

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like any flashaholic worth his obsession I have enough parts to make duplicates for most of my lights. For like the 6th time I changed my mind on what higher order incan I am going to take tonight trick-or-treating with my daughters. The latest iteration is my M3 with HOLA. Now half of my duplicates...er...backups are in the attic. I have to retrieve this kit as it has my MN11 LA in it. By now I've got a few beers in me and I get this bright idea. All my current user lights should all be made with parts with character marks and all my backups should be as close to pristine as possible. For two hours my bed is covered with disassembled flashlight parts with some no-name bimbo slasher flick playing on the TV. Man I love Halloween. When I reassemble everything I realize I am a hoarder, not a collector but a hoarder. Do I really need 10+ E2 style lights? I thank my lucky stars I am happy with a few pocket knives and a single rifle.

Happy Halloween Everybody!!!

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do I really need 10+ E2 style lights?

Maybe not. You have the option to sell 'em and make a few bucks, but if they're worth having to you, then have 'em.

Happy Halloween! If you've got normal-person friendly lights you could make some parent's night by tossing 'em cheapies in the dark.

nbp

Flashaholic
Like any flashaholic worth his obsession I have enough parts to make duplicates for most of my lights. For like the 6th time I changed my mind on what higher order incan I am going to take tonight trick-or-treating with my daughters. The latest iteration is my M3 with HOLA. Now half of my duplicates...er...backups are in the attic. I have to retrieve this kit as it has my MN11 LA in it. By now I've got a few beers in me and I get this bright idea. All my current user lights should all be made with parts with character marks and all my backups should be as close to pristine as possible. For two hours my bed is covered with disassembled flashlight parts with some no-name bimbo slasher flick playing on the TV. Man I love Halloween. When I reassemble everything I realize I am a hoarder, not a collector but a hoarder. Do I really need 10+ E2 style lights? I thank my lucky stars I am happy with a few pocket knives and a single rifle.

I don't have an E2...:naughty:

BTW, why are the lights in the attic? How are you supposed to use them when they are hiding away? :shrug:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The "Children in the Attic" are duplicates. Plus I don't need 6 P60 lamps for the 6P that is in the current rotation.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Last night I revisited my "Children of the Basement". Not so much parts as whole lights that sit unused. We've certainly come a long way.

Geoff

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I reassemble everything I realize I am a hoarder, not a collector but a hoarder. Do I really need 10+ E2 style lights? I thank my lucky stars I am happy with a few pocket knives and a single rifle.
Don't even get me started about my ammunition and reloading components - I love the odd stuff - .284, .356, .350, etc. They've stopped making most of the ammo I have stockpiled, which explains the 1000's of unfired brass and the bullet molds ... :whistle:

Sorry for being sorta Off-Topic, just posting to say that I totally know what you mean. :crazy:

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
ten functional E2 style lights?

Gahd, I can see three (on my nightstand right now, if I looked) pretty well... one E2O that gets used pretty regularly, one E2L that gets vampire duty, and one IMR-E2 that gets "What was that noise? OH poop ZOMBIES1!!!" duty. As long as you have individual roles and configurations for each, not a problem IMHO.