Black bezel ring for solarforce's?

powerup93

Newly Enlightened
Is anybody going to make a black or stainless steel bezel ring for the solarfoce units like the surefires have? I'm talking about the ones that fully extend to protect the bezel head edges. Like the nice black ones from oveready.

powerup93

Newly Enlightened
Hey aquanut, no offense but those are obvious choices. I already have 2 flat ss bezels. I was asking for black like oveready sells for 6p's. jake25 knows exactly whats up. Btw, aquanut, where in new york are you located? I'm in central ny (ithaca). NY MEETTTT

Aquanaut

Newly Enlightened
Well, you did say black OR ss. If you are into defensive flashlights, there were some wicked ss crenelated bezels available.

My place is about one hour north of NYC.

march.brown

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey aquanut, no offense but those are obvious choices. I already have 2 flat ss bezels. I was asking for black like oveready sells for 6p's.
There must be an acid or other liquid that turns stainless steel black , even if it's gonna use electrolysis to do it.

z17813

Newly Enlightened
There must be an acid or other liquid that turns stainless steel black , even if it's gonna use electrolysis to do it.

You could certainly look at one of the black oxide kits that places like caswell put out but really unless you were going to do a lot of them it would be pretty expensive.
There are places that will provide that service as well, if you found a local place they might do a dozen for a few beers if they were doing some other pieces anyways.