My ITP A6 gave the halloween spooks a spook!

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hope everyone's having a good Halloween. Tonight, my wife and I took our 2yr old son to trick-or-treat. We went to the neighborhood a couple of miles north as it's a nicer neighborhood (aka safer). Many of the streets have no lighting whatsoever. I took along my EDC (Dereelight C2H) and my ITP A6. When we got out of the car, I turned on my C2H. It lit up what I wanted to see quite well putting out near 250 OTF lumens on the R123. But the streets are fairly wide and it didn't cover as much area with as much light as I wanted, so that went back into my pocket and out came the 450+ OTF lumen ITP A6. Turned it on and BAM!...bring forth the light! We walked from house to house (well, the ones that seemed to have someone home) with me carrying my son the whole time (he was getting tired already) and my wife holding the A6. On one street, my wife pointed the A6 downward hitting a car about 100-150ft away. Someone was hiding behind it and got spooked by the bright light. We saw him hesitate a bit then take off in the direction away from us. We weren't sure if that was just some punk kid trying to play a prank or a baddie, but I had my son in one arm and my hand on my knife already. Luckily, the A6 light up everything we needed and didn't need to see (the whole width of the street) with enough light to be sure we were aware of what was around us. As it got later, there were more trick-or-treaters, but they were in fairly large groups and we were alone. After just over an hour of trick-or-treating, we went back to the car, the ITP A6 blasting just as bright as it was when I turned it on (and this wasn't on fresh batteries either) and drove off to get some dinner at McDonalds (my son loves those chicken mcnuggets).
The 400-600 OTF lumen range seems just perfect for our walks around the very dark streets. I can't wait till I get some more funds to add more 400-600 OTF lumen lights to my arsenal.
Thanks for reading and I hope you all had a great old hallows eve!
Time for some rest...it's tiring carrying around a 40lb 2yr old for 1.5hrs.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was handing out candy and this year I had fun with decorating.
I took the time and put a quark AA2 on strobe for an upper window, my fenix LD20 for the dining room. A Costco LED for the Garage window. I'd here people down the street say let's go to thestrobing house. A 12 year old walked up and said mister there's a lightening storm in your house ;)
Good times

purelite

Enlightened
Sounds like you had a nice Halloween.

Enjoy those years with your children, they are priceless:)

Moonshadow

Enlightened
Put the green mode on my Quark RGB to good use last night - answering the door with a green light under the chin to provide a bit of spooky atmosphere !

Latest posts