• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: 6D P7 M*glite.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everyone :wave:,

I just finished my latest creation, a simple but highly effective design. I picked up a new 6D mag while I was at Basspro the other day and decided to overhaul it. This light is now as much a beast on the inside as it is on the out.

Specs are
New black 6D Maglite host
Borofloat lens ( I use these rather than UCL because they are far more durable and have 97% light transmission)
P7 Emitter CSWNI
Custom copper heat sink
3 mode buck converter 5.5-12V input. Modes are Low 5% Med 35% High 100% 3.1A to the emitter.

Maglites make a great hotwire because they are well built and solid. They are fully focusable which makes them useful up close on flood and at distances of over a 100 yards on full focus. These larger mags are also good for self defense and are popular for that reason in countries that prohibit citizens from carrying guns.

This emitter has the best tint I have ever seen in a P7 emitter, very clean soft white. Run time for this light on NIMH cells would be about 5 hours on High and a little over 2 DAYS on low!

Here is a size reference compared to a Surefire 6p

The business end.

Ok time for a few beam shots.

First up Surefire 6P

Now 6D P7

Price is 129$ shipped

PP is vesture_of_blood(@)hotmail.com

Last edited: