VaraPower 2000 just arrived; anxiously waiting for darkness to fall

Bronco

Enlightened
Joyous times. :D My eagerly awaited (but very quickly shipped) package from Kevin arrived this afternoon and I'm very much looking forward to giving it a test ride this evening. I went with a 4500K de-domed emitter. The hallway test reveals that stoked with a freshly charged set of hi discharge Tenergy batteries it blows doors off my warm M2XC4 on turbo even when the VP2K is only about halfway through its adjustment range. Truly an impressive piece thus far.

One quick question for you VP2K vets. In my preliminary white wall tests I've noticed that as I get up to the very highest power settings, the tint makes a noticeable shift from warm to cool. Is this an indication that the LED is being overdriven a bit at this point by the freshly charged batteries?

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went with the 5700k tint so I can't directly compare. I would like to know how you like the de-domed SST-90 and how much better it throws. Mine has the dome and it seems to throw just a little better then an m2xc4 or Catipult V2 but with a 5 times larger the hotspot and about 10 times more spill. Does your outthrow your M2XC4 by a lot since you don't have a dome? The VP2000 is a monster - amazing light. I'm totally spoiled by it.