Energizer 4 AA Swivel Head

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
Experimenting with this light (see my cheap light post). Am going to try putting a KPR in it tonight to see how it fares. I like the belt clip, spare bulb holder, rubber reinforcing, and ability to stand alone to illuminate while using both hands elsewhere. Any comments on these lights? Anything else I can do to them?
confused.gif

It has a very tight beam for a light in its class.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I was dissapointed in mine to find that it runs parallel rather than serial. Meaning of course the bulb is driven by 2 cells + 2 cells instead of by 4.

It does have a rather nice beam, but could be brighter.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got burnt once on that. Now when I buy a light, I look to see what bulb it takes. You think if you see 4 batteries, it's 6V. TX

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love this light. It's one of my favorites. I too wold like it to be a bit brighter, and have been trying to figure out if it can be converted to run in series. However, in reality it actually puts out just the right amount of light for the purpose I bought it for, which is camping. I like the fact that it's not to overpoweringly bright, because it helps me retain some of my night vision. Anyway if you are looking to make it brighter I've found the easiest mods are a Carley 712 Xenon bulb and Energizer L91 aa lithium batts.