3 and counting...

BarryG

Enlightened
Yep, I've converted 3 friends and family to the light side!:popcorn:

A co-worker that I've known for about 20 years had been asking me why I carry a light all the time and where he could get one. I told him he wouldn't understand till he got one and used it. He picked up a Coleman 2xCR2 LED from Walmart and was proud of it for $20. I said yep, it's a good light. A few days later he told me he was working on his 4 wheeler and looked up under it to see something and blinded himself. I told him thats why2 or 3 modes are better. He was checking out a few dealers that I had told him about and picked up a Nitecore SR3 from 4sevens when they had them on clearance. He played with it and it blew him away with the brightness from low to high and the throw blew him away. He went to show it to me at work and it had a dead battery. That's when I told him that it pays to have a back-up. He then picked up an ITP A1 and keeps 2 on him at all times.... that's 1!

My brother-in-law was planning a weekend camping trip with a buddy of his. I asked him if he needed a light and he said he had one and his buddy had a couple of Mag's. The day before he was to leave we were out working and I asked him what light he was going to take and he told me he had a 3xAAA showerhead LED. I couldn't let him do it, so I told him to swing by Target and went in, bought an Inova X1 and told him to take it and use it. If he didn't like it, no problem, if he did I would sell it to him for the $20, kinda like a test drive.

His buddy had a 2D mag and Brian's X1 put it to shame, needless to say, he liked it, bought it and now carries it every day.... that's 2!

My dad had always kept a light in his car as I was growing up and told me that your car will always break down in the darkit was a 2xAA side-by-side Energizer, if I remember right. I got him an X1 in the spring for him to keep on him. He lost it, so I got him an ITP A2 to put on his keyring. He liked it but said that he only used high, so my brother went and got him another X1. He went on a weekend getaway with his church group to Gatlinburg (a small town in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park here in TN). About 2A.M. he said something woke him up, he checked and couldnt see anything. He has his permit-to-carry but left his gun in the truck. The preacher was leaving at 3A.M. to go to work and come back. Dad told him that he had heard something and gave him the A2 and asked him to check the truck and be sure it hadnt been broken into. He came back and told him it was fine. When his preacher came back later that day, he told dad that he saw 2 black bears in the road about 100 yards from where they were staying and said that they had probably came up looking for food thrown out. When dad told me about this all he said was that he wished that he had the Inova X1 with him because it was brighter and would shine out farther.... thats 3!

Changing the world one Flashoholic at a time,:candle:

Barry

P.S. Me and my brother-in-law were out and went into a cave that I knew about, he had his X1 and I had my Jet III M and Jet-I Pro V.3. we were in there about 15 minutes and he told me he needed something brighter and I had a little more horsepower than he did..... the seed is planted