Amatuers thoughts on the new Crelant 7g1

bigfish5

Newly Enlightened
I recieved my new 7G1 today, it looks so different than what I am used to I really wasn't sure what I would think. Turns out I really like the look of this light. It is a little longer than my d10, but somehow it seems thinner though I am sure it is about the same diameter. The finish on the light is black and is well done, it feels good in the hand, and the antiroll design really works.

Alot have said that they do not like the lazer etching, I could live without it but it doesn't bother me in anyway. I absolutely love the beam pattern. This is my first xpg light and the big bright hotspot is awsome. Compared to my d10 GDP this light seems brighter even with both running on NIMH, it seems to throw just as far but with a hotspot 3 or 4 times bigger. I cannot wait for my 14500's to get here so I can really see what this thing will do.

As far as complaint's, they are few. As usuall I wish there was a couple of slots I could instal tritium vials in. Nothing can replace my d10 on the bedside table unless it glows. Also some will dislike the low because they will want it lower. I do not mind 10 to 15 lumens for a low, I find that good for navigating the house at night. Lastly mine is wobbly when tailstanding , it seems that some of the very first batch had tailcap boots that protruded a little to much. Crelant has said that all lights shipped from hear on will not have that problem.

All in all this is a very nice light, I do not know why I waited so long to get an xpg light. I can't wait for my 14500's to show so I can open this light up

Latest posts